Blogging

For comments on anything (or one)

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Ham Brian

Blogging

Post by Ham Brian »

Not to put too fine a point to it, how the heck do you use the blog facility? There are no instructions, there is a drop-down menu item "How to Blog" but when you go to the page it just says "How to Blog" in much bigger letters. This is, how shall I put it - unhelpful! Is it a p**s take? It needs sorting out. :evil:
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Simon

Re: Blogging

Post by Simon »

Brian,

I took an action from the meeting last night to sort this out.

However in the meantime, please create your blog entry in MS Word, and I'll see that it gets posted online ASAP.

Simon
the jackal

Post by the jackal »

lol :D
lazydaizy

Post by lazydaizy »

I found out how to blog by politely emailing members of the committee for instructions. Hope this helps.

Jodie
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Thanks, Jodie, no doubt this would work - but you do realise, I hope, that this implies that blogging takes place as the gift of the committee rather than as the right of membership? Fair enough, if that is what is intended, but it should be stated somewhere to save people wasting time. Before giving voice to my frustration I had spent some time trying out various possible key words in the search function of the Group as well as the Forum, but with no success.

I note that the last blog entry was dated 16th September and the last entry before that was on the 14th May, hardly what one might term a vibrant scene, and I wonder if that is because other members had run up against the same brick wall but had just shrugged their shoulders and gone on to something else?

Anyway, I note that Simon has the matter in hand, and while I do not have MS word available (my word processor is part of Open Office) I will produce something in Rich Text format and pass it on - thanks, Simon.
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
lazydaizy

Post by lazydaizy »

Sorry Brian, the point I was trying to subtly make was that your post was quite rude and that you would probably have more success if you asked nicely. Please remember that most of the committee work full time as well as carry out their voluntary roles. I remember from my time on the committee how difficult it is to find time to do things.

Jodie
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

I'm sorry you found my post rude, Jodi, what I was aiming for was pointed humour! What I half expected was somebody to come back to me saying something like: "you plonker, Brian, you've missed such and such to get you into blogging!"

I do know that the commitee is voluntary, Jodi, after all I served on it myself on a number of occasions, on the last occasion as Chair!