Contacting the Club / Mailing List Issues

For comments on anything (or one)

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Vicki

Contacting the Club / Mailing List Issues

Post by Vicki »

Hi guys,
We seem to be having a few issues with the email/mailing list at the moment as a number of people are saying that they haven't been receiving emails. I believe that Simon was looking into it but I'm not sure that he's got internet connection yet.

Can you post below if you don't think that you have been receiving messages from the mailing list (the last one that I had was from Karl about the Snowdonia meet two days ago)? It might be worth checking your spam folders as well as it might be that some email providers have been getting over vigilant about their junk sorting.

If everyone can post important communications on the forum, as well as sending them out via the mailing list at the moment, then we should be able to reach everybody.

I'm guessing that any newbies who try and contact us and don't get a reply (I've got Paul as my PA while I'm off) might try and contact via another means so can those of you who go down the wall or have anything to do with Facebook just keep an eye out please.

Cheers and I'll see you all after the Ecrin.
kudos

Re: Contacting the Club / Mailing List Issues

Post by kudos »

I'm on Yahoo and it's been selectively putting emails coming from the Mercian (YahooGroups) mailing list into my spam folder - even emails I sent!

Only seems to have been happening recently, but not sure what to do about it.

Karl
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
avmaestro

Post by avmaestro »

Karl,

Select the Mercian e-mail and click "Not Spam". It should remember the setting.
In addition you could create a Rule that any e-mails containing "MercianMC" as "sender" go into your Inbox.

Malc
Watch where you're putting your feet
kudos

Post by kudos »

Thanks for the tips Malc.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Huw

Post by Huw »

Except for a select few, it doesn't appear to work on hotmail.com

My hotmail doesn't receive them, and i know Chloe's doesn't work. Both our email addresses are hotmail.com

I think a few hotmail people were lucky enough to get it working, like Fiona.

It's not the spam filter, it's something to do with yahoo not accepting the email address i think.

H