Low Hall Garth, 25th - 27th October

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

RolandNClarke

DIRECTIONS TO Low Hall Garth Hut

Post by RolandNClarke »

Finding the track to the hut is tricky. See the description below from the Hut webpage (with additional information from me):

Hut Grid reference NY 309029 (Longitude, Latitude 54.4165, -3.0656). Approach by the A593 Ambleside to Coniston road, ascending from Skelwith Bridge. At 0.4 mile south of the Elterwater & The Langdales junction, (grid reference NY 329022 Longitude, Latitude 54.41115, -3.03457) take a narrow lane on the right hand side which almost immediately forks. Take the right hand fork, where a National Trust sign points to High Park, Hallgarth. Follow this lane for 1.6 miles over two cattle grids, negotiating a very tight zig zag through farm buildings, continue along the lane to the left of the ford, passing through a gate to Low Hall Garth. Do not try to use the ford from Little Langdale with vehicles.
NOTE you can enter Longitude and Latitude into some car Satnavs and Google maps on your smart phone.
I have found that using Google maps on my smart phone it can find Low Hall Garth and it will direct you on the correct route avoiding the ford. Note I have only seen large tractors get through the ford.
Last edited by RolandNClarke on 23 Oct 2019, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com
Adam

Re: Low Hall Garth, 25th - 27th October

Post by Adam »

Can you put me down for all food please. Thanks.
Beth

Post by Beth »

Roland, I would love some crumble please if it's not too late!

I'm after a lift please. I'm in Kings Heath and can leave anytime from around 3.45. I can drive to a more convenient spot to meet up. Thanks!

Lift sorted, thanks to Vijay :)
RolandNClarke

Post by RolandNClarke »

Alan and I will set off from Birmingham at 10:30 am. We want to climb Pendle hill on the way.
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com