The Loft, Blea Tarn: 3/4th December

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

NiallMcGarrigle

Re: The Loft, Blea Tarn: 3/4th December

Post by NiallMcGarrigle »

Is anyone else going to the Winter Skills on thurs night? I'll try to swing round to either the climbing wall or pub afterwards if not

Niall
Justin Hewart

Post by Justin Hewart »

yep, i'm at the winter skills on thursday. that reminds me,got to try and work out where it is! lol.
Justin Hewart

Post by Justin Hewart »

So,mwis has forecast frequent snow showers for saturday, maybe as low as 500m and possible White out conditions higher up. Do I bring my goggles? Lol.
Alan

Post by Alan »

If you are going to Blea Tarn we really need to get together Thursday evening to discuss transport and to make sure everyone has everything they need for the weekend. So please make sure you are there about ten

Alan :)
NiallMcGarrigle

Post by NiallMcGarrigle »

Hi Alan, we need to be where at 10?

Niall
Justin Hewart

Post by Justin Hewart »

I'll swing by the pub after the BMC lecture, think it finishes around 9.30 so should be there for 10pm.
Justin Hewart

Post by Justin Hewart »

I'm guessing he means the pub Niall. :)
Alan

Post by Alan »

We nned to at the Wagon and Horses Pub at 10 only for ten minutes or so just to make sure everyone has transport arranged and no one is left out.

Alan :)
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hi all myself and hamish are looking to leave Birmingham around 3pm on the Friday to attepmt to avoid some traffic and we can probably fit one person in (we are taking bikes with us and I tend to over pack lol). My number is 07790288657. Simon what time will you be in the lakes on Friday with the key as I hope we will be there by 6. Looking forward to meeting you all :) x
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jen - I'm not going this weekend, but will be down the pub tonight with the key.

Simon
Justin Hewart

Post by Justin Hewart »

I'm also planning on getting there for around 5-6 ish. Alan and co won't be there till about 9ish I think so I may just wait in the old dungeon gyhll if you fancy joining me in there, I'll pinch your number if you don't mind Jen and text you when I get there or before.
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hey justin that's fine can you text me your number too, does allan have the key then? See you later!! :) x
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

:drinkers: bVerglace forecasted high up in the lakes tonight, so bring your crampons! :-D
the jackal

Post by the jackal »

Not normally much signal in the mountains, I would make alternative arrangements for communication.

Have fun!
Alan

Post by Alan »

I will be arriving about 9 with Mark B and Niall and I have the key!!!

Alan :D