Annual Dinner: Hut Bookings

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Huw

Re: Annual Dinner: Hut Bookings

Post by Huw »

Ah ok, i've just realised the grid reference on the description on the website is a link to a map, cryptic. So its at least six miles (and not where your link leads to vic, was that for the hotel?). Winner, thats a great hut. And whoever gets in first, please light the fire this time if its cold, as it takes a while to contribute!

I've eventually managed to sort out an eight seater with B&M for 2 runs: 11.40pm and 12.10am. Can the first 8 wander to the front for the first time. People down last time i checked:

Me
Grahamp
Tom
Mike S
Adam
Louise
Paul R
Jodie
Vicki

£4.50pp so far, and down to £2.50pp if full. I'm in the second run, and i'll pay for it then and gather the money alongside food and hut on sunday. Thanks for the offer of lighting the fire Brian!

Cheers
Huw
Last edited by Huw on 07 Mar 2012, 19:51, edited 3 times in total.
Tom

Post by Tom »

I'm in for the taxi and the lift down if possible man
Tom M
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Huw wrote:Ah ok, i've just realised the grid reference on the description on the website is a link to a map, cryptic. Winner, thats a great hut. And whoever gets in first, please light the fire this time if its cold, as it takes a while to contribute!
Pauline and I hope to get there lunchtime Friday with time for a walk, we'll get the hut warm and snug for you!
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
lazydaizy

Post by lazydaizy »

i would like to be in on the taxi and the lift down.
ta
jodie
Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith »

Can I be on the Taxi list please Huw?
Ta muchly
Louise

Post by Louise »

Please add Adam and I to the taxi home list. Don't mind what time. :)
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

Thanks to everyone who has booked and paid at least a deposit for the dinner, we have 16 for the meal which includes everyone in the hut and myself.

Looking forward to the meal which should start at 7.30pm.

Mike Hogg
Mike van Dog
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Brian, you might want to get there at breakfast in order to get the fire lit for teatime. If I remember rightly it's not lighting the fire that's the problem but reading through the hundred page booklet on what to do and not do with it that will take all the time. :) You might want to take a box of paracetamol with you for the headache reading it will induce.
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Vicki wrote:Brian, you might want to get there at breakfast in order to get the fire lit for teatime. If I remember rightly it's not lighting the fire that's the problem but reading through the hundred page booklet on what to do and not do with it that will take all the time. :) You might want to take a box of paracetamol with you for the headache reading it will induce.
Fortunately I am a speed reader, I can get through a book in an evening - unless it is by Terry Pratchett, as continually falling out of the chair slows me down considerably!
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

I know what you mean. :) I'm always halfway through 'Good Omens' as it's my default book when I need a pick me up.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Please count me in for a taxi if you manage to get one

Alan
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Will it be possible to stay Sunday night? I know, I always ask this, but a leisurely drive back on Monday is so nice!
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

Can those people who have only paid a £10 deposit for their meal please pay the balance of £10 in cash on the night. It is expensive for the hotel to process small amounts by cheque and credit/debit cards.

Thanks Mike
Mike van Dog
Norman

Post by Norman »

Huw,
Thanks for arranging taxi. Well done!
Please include me (Preferably 11 .40 one)
N.

Brian thanks for offering to light the fire.
N.

Mike thanks for arranging the dinner.
N.
Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith »

Keeping everything crossed and touching wood, the weather looks promising!
http://www.mwis.org.uk/rxbxptnqtbxklgaf/SD.PDF