Bank Holiday Camping: 4-7th May

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Simon

Bank Holiday Camping: 4-7th May

Post by Simon »

Mercians!

Our 1st camping meet of the year is less than 2 weeks away!

The camping we'll be staying at is Bwch yn Uchaf (try saying that after a few beers!) this is a fantastic site, the facilities are excellent, (well behaved) dogs are welcome.

We will have a area of the site reserved for us, so we'll all be close together, costs is £8/person/night.

There is a pub in walking distance, and Lake Bala is very clos[*]e by. The fantastic mountain bike trails of Coed-y-Brenin are only a 30 min drive. There's lots of walking and climbing to be done around Cadir Idris.

The campsite also have available a large group tent, at a cost of £20/night, which might be a good idea if the weather doesn't play ball! There's also a group BBQ for hire should we wish.

More details on the campsite here: http://www.bwch-yn-uchaf.co.uk/location.html

I need to let the campsite know how many people to expect, so if you could please let me know if you're planning to come along.

Simon

Attending
  • Simon H
  • Tom M
  • Jodie
  • Vicki
  • Ben
  • Mark
  • Rachel
  • Will*
  • Kate*
  • Chris*
  • CJ
  • Sarah
  • Tom G (Fri + Sat)
  • Huw
*Simon's mates!
Tom

Re: Bank Holiday Camping: 4-7th May

Post by Tom »

sign me up please simon

cheers
Tom M
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Put me down as well please.
lazydaizy

Post by lazydaizy »

Hi, can you sign me up for this meet. I will only be there for Saturday and Sunday night as I am at a birthday party Friday night.

Jodie x
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

I'm in for this one. Sign me up. If it turns out the weather is likely to be really bad I'm bailing, otherwise, I can't wait. Need to get outdoors. Peace x

ps I will require a lift if anyone is willing ;-)

Pps I would like to go on Sat too Jodie. Can I come with you?
"Ow, I like it!"
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

I should be able to make this, please add me to the list.

Cheers
Mark
b.b

Post by b.b »

this sounds fun, sign me up please!
and just because i'm a massive pain in the bottom i will also require a lift if anyone is willing,
and because being a massive pain isn't quite enough i can not travel until saturday as i am otherwise engaged friday evening! :? if it's too much hassle i will leave it this time and join you another :)

cheers

rachel
lazydaizy

Post by lazydaizy »

Ben and Rachel I can give you a lift on Saturday morning. It will be a squeeze as I have a small car ( Polo) but I'm sure we can manage. I will want to leave brum early sat morning to make the most of the weekend. get in touch and we can organise the lift.

Jodie x
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

For Ben and Rachel -

If it helps Jodie out with space in her car, I'll be taking my van with plenty of space in it on friday evening so I'll happily take some of your gear up for you - you would just need to have it packed for the thursday evening at the Waggon.

Mark
Welsh Git

Post by Welsh Git »

If it's not too late, could you book me in for the Friday and Saturday nights?

CHeers,

Tom
If you're going to be dumb, you'd better be tough...
Tom

Post by Tom »

Can you please sign huw up aswell who is too lazy to log in himself
Tom M
Huw

Post by Huw »

Thanks Tom for using your phone and for your witty contribution.. Yep can you count me in too. Huw
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=2263
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=2712

There's climbing around if the weather is right for it. :) (Not holding out much hope at the moment though.) I think the plan is to take bikes up as well so we can ride if it's too wet to climb.

Are we booking that party tent?
Tom

Post by Tom »

I think the party tent would be a good idea as its pretty much definitely going to rain and we needsomewhere to put the BBQ
Tom M
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Mmm, not sure they'll be letting us light the bbq in it but we could hide it in there during the day. I guess it will depend on whether their idea of a tent is actually that or whether they just mean one of those gazebo things.