Ratlinghope Camping 15-17th June + Beer tasting

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Mike Hogg

Ratlinghope Camping 15-17th June + Beer tasting

Post by Mike Hogg »

I know I am the social secretary but I am posting this meet here because it is excellent walking and cycling country as well as being a good "social" meet venue.

We will be camping at Brow Farm campsite, Ratlinghope near the Long Mynd http://www.browfarmcampsite.co.uk. Should you want to cycle click on the links on the camping web-site for local cycle routes. Camping costs £5 per person per night. Campervans welcome there is no electrical hook-up. The Bridges pub http://www.thebridgespub.co.uk/the-bar-at-the-bridges is just down the road.

The Social bit-
Weather permitting I hope to do some beer tasting :drinkers: of low alcohol beers early Saturday evening. Since last year the Government has introduced a 50% cut in duty on beers below 2.8% and many brewers are now producing low alcohol beers but are they any good? Come and find out. Bring your own small glasses you will be tasting blind samples of beer. There will be a small charge to cover the cost of the beers. You can always wash your mouth out at the Bridges pub after the tasting!

Mike Hogg
socialsec@mercianmc.org.uk
Mike van Dog
Mike Hogg

Re: Ratlinghope Camping 15-17th June + Beer tasting

Post by Mike Hogg »

The low alcohol beer tasting is off this weekend since there is a lack of real ales below 2.8% on sale. There is a selection of lagers and ofcourse shandy below 2.8% but that is not what I had in mind. I have also had a few comments which are not repeatable on this forum. I suppose trying to interest the Mercian's in low alcohol beers was a non starter.

We will decide if we want to go camping this weekend at the Club tonight (Thursday 14th)
Mike van Dog
Mike Hogg

Re: Ratlinghope Camping 15-17th June + Beer tasting

Post by Mike Hogg »

This meet is off. Hope to rearrange when "summer" arrives.
Mike van Dog