Rhydd Ddu Meet

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Vicki

Re: Rhydd Ddu Meet

Post by Vicki »

Apparently Maggie has already offered to do pudding so I will postpone my pudding off until the next meet. :)
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

I will cook a main course this weekend. Without an oven I will cook pan fried Sirloin steaks served with veg. These are thin steaks which take about a minute to cook on each side. I am only free to do the shopping today (need a real butcher) so please let me know by 1pm today Wednesday 12th September if you want to eat. Sirloin is about £22 per kilo so expect to pay about £6 each for the main course. No gluten or dairy in the main course

I have also contacted the local pub which has a micro brewery and arranged for them to show you around the brewery at 5pm on Saturday see http://www.snowdonia-park.co.uk/brewpub.html . There is no charge for this it is only a small brewery so will not cut into your valuable drinking time. This is a food production area so if you are covered in mud after you day out you will not be welcome in the brewery. Meet at the pub sometime before 5pm (as usual).

Having main course as at 2pm Wed.
MH
M Sm
M Sw
C Sw
HD
VC
DS
AH

main course now closed

Mike Hogg
socialsec@mercianmc.org.uk
Mike van Dog
Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith »

Alan

Can you please add my name to the list for this meet?

The weather is looking good, big mountain day for anyone on Saturday?

Mike
Alan

Post by Alan »

In response to a few questions that I've been asked here are a few answers

1) Coolking facilities consist of two, 2 burner hobs, no oven.

2) A key will be given to the first person arriving so we can lock up during the day. The people who run the place are on site so no posting of keys etc.

3) CJ and Sarah camping its £5pppn, also Mike H in the van.

Mike S you're on the list for the hut.

I may have to leave early (just after lunch on Sunday) so probably won't be able to share trransport unless some one wants an early ride back.

See you down the pub on Thursday evening or at the weekend

Alan :D
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Assuming it's not good enough weather to climb then I'd be up for a big mountain day or assuming it is then I'd be up for a long mountain route.
Tom

Post by Tom »

I'd be up for a big mountain day, so long as we're back for the brewery tour! :D For those not having Mike's steaks, fancy pub dinner? Or was anyone else planning on doing cooking?
Tom M
vijaykorotane

Post by vijaykorotane »

Hi All

Can you count me in as well for this weekend.

Pub Dinner sounds good.

Vijay
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Given that the cooking facilities consists of two rings I don't think anyone else will be able to do cooking unless we eat in two shifts.

I should say that anything that involves climbing will probably need to be easy (I'm going to try my arm out tomorrow) and that I'd want to climb in a three as I wouldn't trust it to hold a fall belaying just yet.
the jackal

Post by the jackal »

Thanks Alan we knew it was £5pppn, that's half the price of the hut !! :D :D
Anyhoo

Other than climbing, are there any other plans, contemplating taking the bike, are there others doing the same,what did you have in mind? Have done this area so many times before feeling very uninspired
Tom

Post by Tom »

I'd be fairly keen on biking on the Sunday presuming the weather turns. Won't be going down Snowdon though!

Not far from the seaside, could always go sailing/ice cream eating 8)

p.s. I though Alan said above there were two sets of 2-burner hobs. Comprehension Victoria, comprehension :)
Tom M
Matt

Post by Matt »

Alan, is there any more room left in for this weekend?
Alan

Post by Alan »

Matt and Vijay,

Your are both in the hut.

Mercians thats it, there is no more space in the hut but if you want to camp there is plenty of space

See you there,

Alan