Cornwall, 24/25/26th May

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

kudos

Cornwall, 24/25/26th May

Post by kudos »

Dear all,

The next Mercian Mountaineering Meet will be taking place over the Whitsun Bank holiday weekend of 24th, 25th and 26th May, down in sunny Cornwall.

As you will see from the map below, you can't really get much further south and west.

(https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tre ... f7476cf2b5).

The area is great for sea cliff climbing and walks, plus there's a choice of beaches to relax at, all within 10 miles and most with 5. And we've got three whole days to enjoy it.

You can get all of this by spending only 4 hours 36 minutes driving, a small price to pay for such enjoyment.

The exact location of where we hope to camp is Treen Farm (http://www.treenfarmcampsite.co.uk/). This place doesn't normally accept bookings, but the owner says that if I can give him firm numbers by the Tuesday before, then he thinks he'll be prepared to corner off part of a field for us. He has a long standing arrangement with a London climbing club attending for the past 25 years, so is climber friendly.

Because of this need to pre-book, I have to ask for a £20 per head deposit by Tuesday 20th. The exact terms of the agreement with the farmer are unclear, but he may insist that it is non-refundable, so bear that in mind. Also the exact price is complicated to explain, depending on size of tent and number of cars - just look at the web site. If you can't get the money to me (I hope to be at the wall and pub tomorrow) then any trust-worthy committee member will do, and failing that a verbal promise - we know where you live.

If you want to wait until just before the weekend to decide then that's cool, but you will have to organise the camping yourself in that case, and run the risk of not getting in.

Here's hoping today's warm sunny weather is with us in Cornwall.

See ya,

Karl
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
kudos

ATTENDEES

Post by kudos »

Those with deposits paid:

KS - £20 paid
HS - £20 paid
PF - £20 paid
F? - £20 paid
JL - Verbal deposit
RA - Verbal deposit
TM - Verbal deposit
VC - Verbal deposit
SM - Verbal deposit
LB - Verbal deposit
BT - Verbal deposit
F?+1 - Verbal deposit
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Tom

Re: NEXT MEET - Cornwall, 24/25/26th May

Post by Tom »

Sign me up please man.
Tom M
Rab

Post by Rab »

Can you put me and jim down for this meet please. we are arriving thursday and leaving sunday.
Pierce

Post by Pierce »

Hi Karl,
Can you please mark Fran and I down, thanks. :-)
P
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

Please add me for this meet. I am happy to transfer £20 if I am provided with paying in deets. Or I can post a cheque, whichever is favourable. Many thanks
"Ow, I like it!"
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

"Ow, I like it!"