12th/13th July - Langdale, Lake District

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

kudos

12th/13th July - Langdale, Lake District

Post by kudos »

Hi all,

The next MMC meet will take place this weekend in wonderful Dale of Lang, in the District of the Lakes.

This is a camping meet, and we will be based at a large open site in Chapel Style at the entrance to the valley. I'll send out details of the camp site once I have them.

Langdale is a great valley for walking and climbing, and basing ourselves at Chapel Style allows access to other areas.

Although there is no need to book this meet, it would be useful to have an idea of the numbers to inform the farmer at the camp site.

Cheers,

Karl
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
mrbenthompson

Re: NEXT MEET - 12th/13th July - Langdale, Lake District

Post by mrbenthompson »

I'm in for that. Put me on the list please Karl
"Ow, I like it!"
fionaboyce

Post by fionaboyce »

Sounds good! What day are people planning on going there and could I possibly squeeze a lift with someone?
joenor

Post by joenor »

I'm in. If weather's better elsewhere though I'd rather head where it's dry. Forecast looking a bit iffy everywhere at the moment.
Beth

Post by Beth »

I'm in but I agree with Joe, let's keep an eye on the forecast and follow the sun. Langdale is actually the best forecast at the moment compared to the Peak, Llangollen, or Wye Valley. My mate Anna might join us, she doesn't drive but she can get the train from Leeds to somewhere nearby, wherever we end up!
Pierce

Post by Pierce »

Hey Guys, I would like to tag along. As likely to be on my own is there any chance I could share a lift or happy to drive too?
Pierce
joenor

Post by joenor »

Aye forecast looks pretty crap everywhere on Sunday. I agree - looks marginally better in the Lakes than elsewhere. Gray also suggested Baggy Point in Devon, which looks like an awesome crag. So maybe let's keep eyes on that too. I reckon if Sunday is a wash-out we might be best either just having a day trip on the Sat or going somewhere not as far as the Lakes (so that we don't drive all that way just to get rained on). I'm easy though - let's have a look at the forecast tomorrow night and see what the crack is then eh?
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

I think the lakes is a great shout and is much of a muchness in distance compared to Devon. If you spend too much time trying to choose by where the weather is you will go mad. I am out for the weekend not a day trip and will be happy if others come to the lakes too but it would be great to know in advance i.e. tomorrow night, as I won't take a rope and rack if no-one else plans to go there.
"Ow, I like it!"
Beth

Post by Beth »

The forecast for Langdale doesn't look too bad at the moment. It will rain overnight Saturday but looks like it will clear in the morning. And if not we can swim! If you're gonna get wet anyway... I won't be at the pub later but i'll look at the forecasts later tonight and we can make a plan. I'm still awaiting a new EGR valve in my car so I'm kinda trying to avoid long unnecessary journeys but I can drive if its easier, she won't break down.
kudos

Post by kudos »

Looks like you have all of the organisation in hand, so I'll leave the rest to you guys.

Hope you find some good weather and have a great weekend.

K
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Beth

Post by Beth »

So is everyone up for Langdale? Weather looks alright in the daytime, just wet overnight on Saturday but that's not a problem!

If anyone would like to offer me a lift because of my car not being 100% at the mo, that would be lovely, but we would also need to go via Lancaster train station to pick up my mate Anna (she climbs too). She will thank you with a pint. I will also thank you with a pint :) I can leave anytime from about 4.15. If I'm driving, I can offer a lift to one person :)

Here is my number for those who don't already have it 07745xxxxxxx. And I live in Northfield if anyone is thinking about lifts.

And I'm guessing this is the campsite Karl had in mind. http://www.baysbrownfarmcampsite.co.uk/map.html

Everyone happy?
joenor

Post by joenor »

Aye, forecast looks pretty good now. I'm happy to drive Beth, could offer lift to one other as well. I could probably leave mine by about 4.30 - so arriving in Chapel Stile hopefully by 9 - 9.30. Aye the campsite is the one that's just down a lane on the left as you leave Chapel Stile heading towards Langdale. Crucially, it's within walking distance of t'pub. Ben - probably worth putting rack and rope (or at least just rope) in. In Wales I think it was a shortage of rope that was the issue. I'll bring my kit, and I'm assuming that Gray and Pierce will have their kit in too? Will pick up guides from library tonight if nobody already has, and I'll chuck my guide in too.
fionaboyce

Post by fionaboyce »

I love Beth's idea of swimming if it chucks it down with rain! I'll bring my kit but I have no rope to help out with that situation I'm afraid. Is everyone planning on going down on the Friday evening then? :)
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

I'll be there Friday night before 11pm hopefully
"Ow, I like it!"
joenor

Post by joenor »

Just trying to arrange who's sharing lifts with who:
Pierce, where about do you live?
Gray, are you planning on driving?

Currently I'm giving Beth (and her mate from Lancs) a lift, but it might make sense to change around depending on where folk live.