Skye meet (28 may – 4 june

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Stew

Re: Skye meet (28 may – 4 june

Post by Stew »

I'll side with Adam on this.

I think if I were approached by another group in the hut with the same question I'd say "erm, yeah, that's fine I suppose" simply out of politeness and because I don't want to create strife with the folk I'm sharing with. But the truth is that I'd rather be less British and say "I'd rather they didn't" as huts are generally cramped places with not enough facilities.

There's been plenty of opportunities for people to book spaces in the hut, but in the interest of only going if the weather is good they have been declined. But hey, it's not all bad news, the forecast is good so cooking on the camp site shouldn't be a chore, in fact it could be seen as a privilege. Anna, TomG and Bob could cook communally together.
Jules

Post by Jules »

I agree with Adam - it's bad form to invite 4/5 people around every night to share use of a full hut which other people have paid a lot of money to stay in. I would feel particularly cheeky.

We could always have Sandy's BBQ on the camp site as a communal affair though?... just a thought
annamairead

Post by annamairead »

fair enough, I didn't realise there will be so many different clubs in the hut. BBQ on the campsite sounds good
Tom

Post by Tom »

christ, you can all bring your own cutlery next time you come round mine for tea then ;)

I'll be making enough jambalaya for all. Campers are welcome to bring their own bowl and eat whilst stood outside the window of the hut looking forlorn.
Tom M
Antafanta

Post by Antafanta »

If any campers want to stay in a hut Sat and Sun night instead of me - you're welcome!

Oi Tom, I thought campers and hutters were not eating together. I didn't want us miss out on jambalaya!!! :)

Anyhow i'll eat anything and swap my meal for either pasta carbonara or some other pasta dish.

Anta