Skye meet (28 may – 4 june

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Tom

Re: Skye meet (28 may – 4 june

Post by Tom »

right Gape's coming up in his van so I'll nab the last hut space.
Tom M
Stew

Post by Stew »

Welcome to the fold Tom. I will eat your jambalaya.
MattKettle

Post by MattKettle »

Really gutted to be missing out, especially now it's so close. Sorry I won't be able to help out with the carrying the gear up on to the ridge like I said I would!
Tom

Post by Tom »

Well at least I've saved you from pulling a "full kettle" and having to pay as well as dropping out of the meet ;)

Me, gape and anna are planning to get to Kendal/Penrith/Carlisle (depending on traffic) and bed down for the night before doing the rest in the morning. What's everyone elses plan?
Tom M
Jules

Post by Jules »

Stew and I are doing an early doors departure from Sutton on Saturday (6am (ish!)). I have my full Dolly Parton collection at the ready to assist in the long drive (not sure if Stew is aware of this yet).

Plan to arrive Sat evening, plan some routes, drink some vino, spend the rest of the week doing fun stuff :)
Jules

Post by Jules »

And Matt - don't worry, we will hold you to the carrying gear on the next meet you make ;)
Tom

Post by Tom »

yep, sounds good. I've asked on UKC and apparently the hut has 3 large larder fridges so no repeat of the Lagangarbh scenario!

I reckon get some big mountain days Sunday and Monday to get our eye in, rest day on Tuesday then smash out the ridge on Wednesday. Stew and I reckon do it in a oner now as it's easily escapable and we'll have a great day whatever. Don't really want to take 3 days over it to be honest (including bivvy drop day)

Weather looks amazing! Wall to wall sunshine :D
Tom M
Stew

Post by Stew »

Scottish Bob has kindly given me his copy of the Rockfax Cuillin Ridge mini-guide. I also have the SMC Skye Scrambles and Skye - The Cuillin Climbing book, as well as the OS map.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Know Your Midges

Here's a few little nuggets of Scottish midge information, some of which you may already know, but all worth remembering.

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/skye/midges.shtml

Adam
SandyH

Post by SandyH »

Marmite is now on packing list for midge prevention :)

As the weather is looking so amazing I am going to do a BBQ for my meal. If anyone has any random requests outside of normal BBQ meat and salad let me know.
And yes please for all other food :)

See you all up there
Tom

Post by Tom »

Can't help noticing all the food seems to be on the spicy side. Hope it's got a decent toilet! ;)

Also, Anta - chicken, chorizo rice is basically a jambalaya you copycat!
Tom M
Stew

Post by Stew »

Scottish Bob is now coming up with me and Jules and will be camping.
annamairead

Post by annamairead »

can i sign up for all foods if i'm allowed to sneak into the hut?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Anna/Campers/Camper vaners

As there are two other clubs in the hut as well and it is full to the brim already, it would be bad form to bring extra people in for dinner who are not paying to stay there.

People in camper vans (gape/Joe) will also have to stay at the campsite not the hut carpark.

If it was just our club it would not be a problem, but I wouldn't be happy if one of the other clubs did it.

Cheers
Adam
Tom

Post by Tom »

really? It's not as if they're using the facilities other than a bowl and a spoon. Seems a bit harsh to me. Maybe we can ask the other occupants if they mind when we get there.
Tom M