Skye meet (28 may – 4 june

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Adam

Skye meet (28 may – 4 june

Post by Adam »

Hello Peeps

Booking for the Skye meet (28 may – 4 june) is now open – sort of. The people who said they definitely wanted to go when asked last year have been given places. The remaining two hut spaces will be pulled from a hat. The draw will be on 3 march at the wagon and horses. Sign up on the forum if you want to be included. I am sure the more rules orientated members of the committee will make sure it’s a fair draw (ahem, Victoria). If you sign up it is for all 7 nights.

For the people who want to go but do not have a hut space, there is camping less than a mile down the road. Sign up if you wish to camp.

The hut and campsite are at the southern end of Glen Brittle, on the west of the Cullin Hills. More info about the hut and campsite can be found on the links below. The price for the hut is £16 per night, £112 for the week. Camping is £9 per night.

Hut - http://gbmh.co.uk/
Campsite - http://www.dunvegancastle.com/content/d ... p?page=s20

Hut
1. Julie - All food
2. Lynn
3. Geoff
4. Sandy - All Food
5. Stewart - All Food
6. Adam - All Food
7. Anta - Arriving Monday -
8. Tom - All Food

Hut Food
1. Julie - Chili
2. Stew - Curry
3. Adam - Fajiters
4. Tom - Jambalaya
5. Lynn - Spicy Pork Casserole with Apricots
6. Anta - Chicken Chorizo Rice
7. Sandy - BBQ

Campsite
1. Joe (Van)
2. Tom (weather dependent)
3. Khyati
4. Nima
5. Anna (weather dependent)
6. Tom Gape (weather dependent)
Tom

Re: Skye meet (28 may – 4 june

Post by Tom »

I might go and camp. Weather dependent though!
Tom M
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

i'll sign up to camp as i might not beable to go for the full week, ta
vijaykorotane

Post by vijaykorotane »

Hi Adam

Please add me to the list, will be camping as not staying for the full week.
Might bring the Chef with me if you want a good curry every other evening!

Vijay
kxp721

Post by kxp721 »

Can I sign Nima and myself up for camping please?
Khyati
Stew

Post by Stew »

I'm just throwing thoughts out there at the moment but it looks like the hut sleeps 20 people. We have a booking of 8 beds. If you go the hut web site that Adam listed and click on "Availability & Booking" it looks like the other beds across the whole period of our stay are not now available for booking which makes me think that all other 12 beds are now occupied by other folk from other clubs. If that is the case we don't have sole use of the hut as we often enjoy on other meets. I only say this for those who are signing up to camp to avoid any miscommunication. Please don't assume that the hut facilities will be available to you for cooking, showering and joining communal meals. If the hut is occupied by other people from different clubs that probably won't be the case.

Stew.
vijaykorotane

Post by vijaykorotane »

Hi Stew/Adam

Noted details from your last post. Still OK! I'll camp. They have facilities at the camp site.

Vijay
Tom

Post by Tom »

yeah the campsite often gets voted Best in the UK so I'm sure it'll be fine. If I do come for the week I might bring my dad's party tent to combat the midges which is easily big enough to cook in.

On another note, I presume team A are gunning for the ridge in a one dayer?
Tom M
Antafanta

Post by Antafanta »

Hi Adam, I'm putting my name down for a space in the hut!! If I don't get it, i'll camp then.
Jules

Post by Jules »

I think the consensus might be a 2 day option on the ridge which gives a bit of flex for delays - which means bring bivvy bags and the like. (BTW The Kettle machine offered to carry all our kit into a bivvy site the day before (although I think he may have been under the influence at the time so I'm not sure how that holds)).

I have the SMC The Cuillin guidebook, as does Stew, as does the club library so we should have enough between us. Not sure about maps though. Maybe the library needs some? I'll probably get a set anyway
MattKettle

Post by MattKettle »

Yes, happy to carry gear up to the ridge, but obviously I would only be able to carry so much up.

There are 14 Grahams on Skye as well, and I've not done any of them yet so if anybody fancies joining me......
annamairead

Post by annamairead »

I'm in for camping (unless the forecast is really bad)

Would love to join the A team for a Cuillin traverse - last time I did the section from Sgurr nan Eag to Sgurr Mhic Choinnich and it was awesome! We could always do a bivi drop the day before if it's too much for one
joel

Post by joel »

I'll Camp as well please, not doing the full week.
Beth

Post by Beth »

pencil me in for camping, again weather dependent. My tick is going to be swimming in the fairy pools :D
vijaykorotane

Post by vijaykorotane »

Hi Adam

Will not be able to attend Skye Meet along with my chef, so can you take me off the camping list.

Vijay