Hafod Dywyll, Nr Cadair Idris. 12-14 Aug

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Adam

Hafod Dywyll, Nr Cadair Idris. 12-14 Aug

Post by Adam »

Hello Mercians

Time to pack your bags and head to wales, for a delightful weekend at the foot of Cadair Idris. Recommended adventures are
1. Table Direct (***, V diff, 4 pitch) to Cyfrwy Arete (Top 50, diff, 6 pitch)
2. Mountain bike to the top of Cadair Idris
3. Bimble along the old rail line to Barmouth
4. Go to the beach at Fairbourne
5. Visit the blue lagoon

With excitement like that on offer, the whole club will be there.

The campsite is Hafod Dywyll. This is a no booking, first come first serve site. The price is £5 pppn, cars £2pcpn.

http://www.hafoddywyllcampsite.co.uk/home

Adam

1. Adam
2. Julie
3. Andy
4. Jane
5. Geoff
6. Lynn
7. Mike Hog
8. Fabien (maybe)
Jules

Re: Hafod Dywyll, Nr Cadair Idris. 12-14 Aug

Post by Jules »

Yes please to this one!! V Diffs and mountain biking on my list.
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

Put Jane and myself down too please.
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Hello!

I'd like to come along to this one too please. I'm new so this will be my very first meet - any hints and tips much appreciated! Will people be heading down on Friday evening?

Vicky
Jules

Post by Jules »

Hi Vicky
If you dig about on the website there's a link to 'what to bring to your first meet' which will be useful.
I think there are only a few of us on this one, but there will certainly be some climbing and mountain biking going on if that takes your fancy.

Other than tent, sleeping bag, roll mat etc, most people bring food for breakfasts and lunch then we will sort out a bbq between us on Sat night.

Yes, heading down on Friday night, coming back Sunday. If you want to share a lift just post on here, where do you live? I might struggle to offer a lift as I will have bikes in the car but between us we can sort something.

Hope that helps?
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Thanks Jules, that all sounds good to me. If anyone does have space to offer a lift that would be very much appreciated. I live in Olton and work just near Snow Hill in town, but happy to get myself to wherever is convenient.

Vicky
Jules

Post by Jules »

Vicki
If you are at the wall and/or pub tonight, that might be the best place to sort out a lift, there may be a couple of people going that haven't yet signed up on the forum......
Adam

Post by Adam »

Geoff sent an email saying Geoff, Lynn and Mike Hog will very probably be on the meet.

Fabien also made noises about turning up on saturday night.

Adam
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Ah, I can't make it this evening unfortunately. If anyone mentions they are driving down let them know I am keen to join. They can give me a text on 07958221108 if they are not on the forum. If not I may be able to get a train or something. I'll look in to it.

Vicky
Jules

Post by Jules »

Hi all
Vicky and another newbie, Becky have both asked for lifts to Wales this weekend, can anyone offer?

I have one space going there but can't offer a lift back so someone might be able to do better than that?

Becky, Vicky. If one of you has a car it might be an idea for you to share a lift between yourselves......

Becky's email is rnicholson90@gmail.com
Jules

Post by Jules »

The site is grotty so we are at cymer abbey 2 mls mn of dolgellau off a470 can u let the others know in case they want to change pls. Lynn