New Year

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

vijaykorotane

Re: New Year

Post by vijaykorotane »

Hi All

Chicken Curry & Rice, Veggie option Aloo Gobi (Cauliflower & Potato) this year. Dessert, Sweet carrot cake & Vanilla Ice Cream, Indian style.

Yes to all food as well.

Vijay
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yes please to all food.

I'll do something one night as well, TBD exactly what
Tom M
Adam

Post by Adam »

Evening

Put me down for all food, please.
I can do something if we are short of cooks, but feel free to keep volunteering.

Adam
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Yes please to all food for me too. Also happy to cook - I can do a nice pudding if we already have enough main course volunteers.
EdShaw

Post by EdShaw »

Can Lou T and myself sign up for this please.
I will send in my membership application shortly..
EdShaw

Post by EdShaw »

Can I check whether our places are confirmed as non (or not-yet) members? If we are bumped off the list by members we don't want to be stuck trying to find alternatives at the last minute.
We have 1 more friend interested in coming along, I assume there is no scope for overspill camping?
Stew

Post by Stew »

Hi Ed, worry not - you are both guaranteed spaces in the hut. You as a member of the club (I understand your application is in the post) and Lou as she is a prospective member having been on one meet already, and has the option of also becoming a member once she has attended this meet. So it's all good.

As for overspill we can't accommodate anyone over the maximum booking I'm afraid or have camping in the grounds.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Ed, is your friend still interested in joining the meet? I presume they've not been on meets in the past and can join the meet as a prospective member like Louise.
EdShaw

Post by EdShaw »

I'm fairly sure he hasn't been away with you before - he can't get away until 30th Dec, he's reviewing his options..

ETA: And he's decided he won't be able to make it up to Scotland.
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Can you put me down for all the food you have all kindly offered.

I am happy to cook a meal too (or help any of the other chefs chopping, peeling etc.)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Evening

I have just sent an email with the key code for the door. If you did not get the email it is because I don't have your address. Can you email me, so I can reply with the code.
meets@mercianmc.org.uk

We have enough people to cook now. I have put you down in the order you volunteered, you can shuffle between yourselves if you want.

Julie - Sausage Casserole
Louise B - Bread & Butter Pudding

Vijay - Indian Food Extravaganza

Tom - ?
Vicky H - ?

Cheers
Adam
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Thanks Adam, I am happy to do something on 1st. Tom, do you want to go main if I sort pudding?
ChloeRussell

Post by ChloeRussell »

Hello all, I am back on the forum! Technical issues resolved for fear of the wrath of Jules for making her my admin bitch. Please can I get in on all food too, happy to be a helper in the kitchen :D
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yeah possibly a goulash with blue cheese mash (other mashes may be available if you're some sort of blue cheese hating weirdo)
Tom M
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Vijay can I have the food please?
Tom, please count me in but I'd go for the weirdo mash if possible.
Vicky count me in for pudding if it is dairy free.

Cheers to all the cooks.