Easter Meet - Black Rock Cottage Glen Coe - 13-17 April

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

MattKettle

Re: Easter Meet - Black Rock Cottage Glen Coe - 13-17 April

Post by MattKettle »

Andy thank you for that regarding the Bol sauce! And yes to any veggie food for me please. Thank you!
Stew

Post by Stew »

Please sign me up for any and all food that is being offered.
slaight

Post by slaight »

Yes please to all food for me. Is that all meals covered or do we need another one?
Sarah :D
Louise

Post by Louise »

Hello all

Please also sign me up for all food offerings. Sounds delicious! I will bring/make a cake for one of the evenings also.

In terms of lifts I think it's going to be tricky. :( Myself, Stew and Sarah are leaving on the same day from brum so it makes sense for us all to share and we are planning on taking my fiesta. However, 3 people plus bags doesn't leave any room in my little car for a 4th person I'm afraid. We could split into two cars to offer a lift to you Adam or you Vic but as neither of you are coming back on the same day as us that'd mean we'd then have two cars in Scotland to drive back between 3 of us. (I.e someone would have to drive back on their own which isn't great given the long journey or cost effective).

So I don't think lifts will work this time. Sorry people.

Unless anyone else can think of another way round it?

Lou
Louise

Post by Louise »

I'm sure between us all we could sort shuttle runs to the nearest station though (?fort William?)
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

No problem, I can hop on a train. Fiesta sounds like it could get quite cosy! Think I can get to the hut fairly easy from Glasgow too, so I will see you up there on Thursday.

Vic
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

I am thinking of making lasagna for my meal - just checking there are no cheese or pasta haterz out there.
Stew

Post by Stew »

I have the key to the hut, it arrived the other day. If Lou, Sarah and I are departing at 10am I'd imagine a 5pm(-ish) arrival time at the hut. Anyone expecting to arrive before that? If so you could always spend an hour in the Kings House pub, which is very close to the hut, or failing that you can come round to my house mid week and pick up the key.

Stew.
Jules

Post by Jules »

Yes please to all the food options, thank you.

My plans are now to drive up latish Thursday evening from Derby, time tbc depending on meetings. Then give Adam a lift back on Tues/Weds. Not sure that helps anyone else much....
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

Can I bag the Friday night cooking slot. Choclate brownies and custard/cream has been chosen for our dessert.

Veg lasagne sounds good, thank you Vicky.

Can you let us know if you hide the key somewhere outside the cottage on Friday as we'll arrive mid afternoon.
joel

Post by joel »

is there a campsite near the hut?

Matt you mentioned you were thinking of camping. Is it good to stay?
MattKettle

Post by MattKettle »

If I'm allowed to pitch the tent near the hut like two years ago then I'm happy to do that Joel. Is that ok Stew/Adam?
Antafanta

Post by Antafanta »

Hi gang,

I'm offering to cook all in squash and bacon pasta (minus the bacon for veggies).
And please add me to all the meals.
Thanks
Anta
P.S. Adam, I am gonna head back late Tuesday.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Fine with me Matt, when I read the key instructions the note that arrived with it said that people camping nearby and using the facilities still need to pay fees, which suggests they are happy for a few people to camp nearby.
MattKettle

Post by MattKettle »

Ok great. In that case Joel, if you want my space in the hut, I'll bring the tent and pitch it near the hut