Camping. 12-14 May. Pindale Farm. Peak District.

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Adam

Camping. 12-14 May. Pindale Farm. Peak District.

Post by Adam »

Hello Mercians
The first meet of the camping season is upon us. It will be at Pindale Farm, on the back road between Hope and Castleton in the peak district, on the 12-14 May. For those lucky souls(?) who live in Birmingham it is about an hour and a half away, so no M6 faff and it will still be light when you get there in the evening for putting your tent up.

In the area there is more climbing than you could shake a stick at, plenty of trails for walking and mountain biking. Both Hope and Castleton have a wealth of pubs for all your drinking needs.

The price is £8 per night. If you wish to attend please sign up before Monday 8th so I can make a reservation. If you decide to attend after the 8th you can either turn up and hope there is space or book a place yourself.

http://www.pindalefarm.co.uk/

Cheers
Adam

1. Adam
2. Stew
3. Peirce
Stew

Re: Camping. 12-14 May. Pindale Farm. Peak District.

Post by Stew »

Time to get my nice new (well, new to me) tent out and inflatable couch. count me in.
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

Adam, does reserving a place mean that we are financially committed?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Naomi

The campsite owner did say about a deposit when booking, but not how much. Assume it will be less than £8 per night. You will be liable for the deposit. Or book a space yourself if you want to decide closer to the weekend.

Cheers
Adam
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

Did you investigate Hardhurst Farm where I don't think the Ceunant have ever needed a deposit?

Hardhurst Farm is just off the main road between Hathersage and Hope. It is quite a large site but it does have DOE groups sometimes, hence recommending checking. There's a pub nearby called the Traveller's Rest.

Alternatively, there's Cooper's Farm in Edale and there's definitely no need for a deposit and it is also right next to a pub.
Pierce

Post by Pierce »

Please mark me down for this meet, thanks.
P
Stew

Post by Stew »

Hi Adam, I didn't expect to be financially committed. I'll probably just turn up at the camp site and see if they have space. The forecast for Friday night is ran, and rather than arrive to pitch my tent in the rain I might come first thing on Saturday morning. Time will tell.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi All

Due to low numbers and the possibility of rain, I will not book the campsite. Plans on if its a one or two night trip to be decided later in the week.

Adam
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

Due to an ongoing cold I'm going to stay in Sheffield. Let me know what your plans are and i'll try and meet up with you.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Good evening mercians

Since both friday night and sunday are forecast rain. I propose to make the meet a single day climbing in the peak. If you are planning on attending, let me know your thoughts on location.

Adam
Louise

Post by Louise »

I'd be up for a days climbing. No preference really in location though would prefer somewhere different to Stanage, Birchen or The Roaches as been there recently/previously.
Stew

Post by Stew »

I'd happily plump for Stanage. It's been a while. Parking At the popular end. I plan on being there at 9am. How about dinner at a pub to finish the day off? Vic is coming too.
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

Sounds like a good plan Stew, except for the 9am part. I'm looking for my Classic Rock ticks and there's 3 to go at the Popular End.

I can highly recommend the steak pie at The Grouse.
Stew

Post by Stew »

The Grouse is a favourite of mine too. Sounds good.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Works for me, I'm after the three classic rock ticks as well. I can however make the 9am start.