60 aniversary camping (attempt No 2) - 23-25 June

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Adam

60 aniversary camping (attempt No 2) - 23-25 June

Post by Adam »

Hello Mercians

So after last weekends bail from the meet due to slightly inclement weather, we will have another attempt on the 23-25 june.

For the 60 anniversary Snowdon for sun rise meet we will be camping at Llyn Gwynant campsite. The campsite is at the foot of Snowdon on the south side, on the north east end of the lake with the same name. The campsite has 14 acres of grass and woodland apparently so can the first person there let everyone else know where you are.

The morning (sat/sun) of the sunrise can be decided closer to the time, so we get the best weather (and the bivi-ists get a dry nights sleep). If its the friday there are a couple of options.
1. Arrive, pitch tent, walk up snowdon, bivi at the top, eat bacon butties when the sun rises.
2. Arrive, pitch tent, sleep in it, walk up snowdon early, eat bacon butties when the sun rises.
Can you put your preference on the forum, so we have a rough idea of whos doing what.

http://gwynant.com/

Cheers
Adam

1. Adam
2. Stew
3. Naomi
4. Catherine
5 . David
6. Vic C
7. Louise
Stew

Re: 60 aniversary camping (attempt No 2) - 23-25 June

Post by Stew »

I'm in. Same plan as before, hiking up watkin from 10:30pm (-ish).
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

Myself, Catherine and probably David intend to camp. This is however weather dependent. As for the bivvy bit, we've yet to decide.

Naomi
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Likewise I'm in with the same plan as before.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Go on then.....
Stew

Post by Stew »

My plan is this. Get up on Saturday morning, have a slow start. Then pack my rucksack with a light rack and bivvi gear and ascend Lliwedd via the massive Classic Rock route whose name escapes me, then top out on Lliwedd late afternoon, enjoy an evening traverse onto the summit of Snowdon, and bivvi for the night. Adam, do you want to make a three with Vic and me?
Stew

Post by Stew »

Or we could make two twos if anyone else is keen, or a two and a three, etc...
Louise

Post by Louise »

Firstly I like the words 'slow start'

Secondly let me research this climb of which you speak...what grade is it?
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

Stew, your plan sounds a very good one. However, it's not one that I can join in on. My plan hinged on leaving Catherine with David for a few hours while we walked up, bivvied and then descended. With so few signing up I'd end up walking up on my own which, in the dark, is not a great idea. I'm also not convinced that Catherine is up for another weekend in Wales so soon after last weekend. I'm disappointed but in my best Dragons Den impression, I'm out.

I look forward to seeing you and Vic on your wedding day and I hope that the weather is kind and you have a great day.

Naomi
Pierce

Post by Pierce »

Hi Stew,

Little P and I will be coming. :-)

P