Wern Isaf - 4-6 August

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Adam

Wern Isaf - 4-6 August

Post by Adam »

Hello Mercians

There is a large number of Mercians who have not been camping yet this year. To remedy this short coming we will be heading to an old favorite, Wern Isaf on the hill above Llangollen.

Many of you will have been there before, so Know it is a well looked after site, equi-distance between the pubs in Llangollen and the climbing on the escarpment stretching from Trevor Rocks to Worlds End. If you want to walk the Offas Dyke path runs along the base of the escarpment. If you fancy a bike ride you could tackle Horse Shoe Pass or a lap of Llandegla. If it does the 'R' word a spot of river rafting might be fun. Failing all that, and as with any worthwhile Mercian meet, there is a steam train nearby, choo choo.

http://www.wernisaf.co.uk/index.html
Grid Ref 225 426

See you there
Adam

1. Adam
2. Stew
3. Julie
Stew

Re: Wern Isaf - 4-6 August

Post by Stew »

Sign me up please. I'm ashamed to say I have not slept under canvas since August 2016.
Jules

Post by Jules »

I'm in... might even bring my bicycle.
I’ve not camped this year or even had a bbq, this weekend could rectify both these problems :)
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

Sadly we'll be under a roof in Devon. Have a great weekend all.
HarryC

Post by HarryC »

Is everyone likely to be climbing or a people going to go walking and mountain biking. It looks like I might be out climbing for a couple of weeks.
Stew

Post by Stew »

We'll be climbing, not sure about Jules and Adam, they might be bringing their bicycles.
Adam

Post by Adam »

JT and I will be going for a quick 20 mile road ride in the morning, then heading up to the climbing.
RolandNClarke

Post by RolandNClarke »

Dear Adam,
I have been thinking about coming on this weekend as the weather forecast looks reasonable. I have just spoken to the camp site and found out there is a bikers festival on this weekend and are thus very busy. I think I would find it difficult to pitch my rather large tent. I have decided not to come.
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com
Jules

Post by Jules »

Harry
Bit too much bike faff for me to bring road and mtb so I'll stick with the road one.... more than happy to ditch some climbing for more pedalling routes though.... do you have a road bike?
HarryC

Post by HarryC »

Unfortunately I don't have a bike. Probably not going to be able to climb for 4 weeks I reckon. Will have a think tomorrow on whether or not I should come.
HarryC

Post by HarryC »

*road bike
Stew

Post by Stew »

Harry, keep in mind that the sort of climbing we do outdoors on trad gear is far less strenuous than the climbing you'll have done at the wall. And the routes are short at Llangollen too. Come on, come along...
HarryC

Post by HarryC »

I would love to climb, however I had a physiotherapist session and I am out for 4-6 weeks. Looks like I'll have to rest up this weekend. Pretty gutted but I will see how I am feeling for the next meet.
Jules

Post by Jules »

Harry
Looks like a change of plan is afoot. MTB in the Peaks tomorrow if you fancy it.....