New Year, Lagangarbh

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

vijaykorotane

Re: New Year, Lagangarbh

Post by vijaykorotane »

Hi All

I'll be taking up Lamb curry with Rice & Dahl for the veggie option for the 29th evening meal.

Vijay
EdShaw

Post by EdShaw »

I'm interested in this - just wondered if people have lifts etc sorted? I'm happy to drive (biug car), but don't really want to go up on my own.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Hi Vijay, under 18s are not permitted to stay in huts on hut meets. Stew.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Ed, I’m not on the meet myself but I’d be surprised if you don’t find a lift share given the distance and the willingness of folk to be driven. Best of luck. Stew.
Huw

Post by Huw »

Hi, yes please for curry Vijay. Thanks for the offer of food Vicki, but I'm not a fish man. Looking forward!
Huw

Post by Huw »

I'm up for the swimming pool/sauna and the loch, though probably more the former! I've heard Pierce is really keen on a new years loch swim.
Beth

Post by Beth »

Yes please to dahl Vijay :)

I will cook ham in coke one night, with roast potatoes and other surprise veggies!

Me, Huw, Fabian, Karl, Vicky, Duncan, Ed, Vijay, Pierce
Last edited by Beth on 27 Dec 2017, 17:06, edited 4 times in total.
kudos

Food

Post by kudos »

Hi,

Thanks to those who have offered to cook.

I would like to partake in Vic's pie, Vijay's curry and Beth's ham.

We are still one night short (for the hanger on-ers), so I also will offer to cook on one night. My offering is...... Beef Stroganoff.
Can I book to cook it on the 30th?

That is all......

Karl
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
kudos

Climbing

Post by kudos »

Hi again,

Webcams don't show masses of snow up there at the moment, but I will be taking my ropes and rack, and will be hoping to grab a day on a scramble or something suitably exciting (summer or winter as conditions allow).

Dunno if anyone would want to join me, just make sure you are suitably equipped.

Laters,

Karl
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Weather forecast looks warm and wet over the weekend but cold again from Tuesday. I am hopeful for some of the white stuff!

Yes from me to all food options offered. I am having second thoughts about the fish pie given the faff involved so will probably do a chicken, chickpea and chorizo stew instead. Hopefully this is ok with everyone. I can do chicken or chorizo free portions if required!

Shall I cook on the evening of 31st? Beth, that would leave you to cover 1st with the ham and coke. Is this ok? I feel like ham is a good new years day treat!
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

PS. Is anyone taking any guidebooks? Do we have any in the club library worth bringing?
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Ed, which day are you heading back? I am looking to share a lift from Brum (I can drive my car if needed), and want to stay the extra night.

I am debating what kit to take. If it is looking like horizontal rain, I might take the bike. (Unless it snows again!)

Vicky -I am entirely unprepared and have no books/maps

Yes to all food. (Fish pie, curry, coked up ham, beef stroganoff). Also happy to chop/peel/stir.

Merry Christmas!
Beth

Post by Beth »

Yes I am happy to cook on New Years Day. I have a huge ham in the freezer ready! I guess there isn't a freezer in the hut, so hopefully it will be ok in the fridge until then...

Re guidebooks/maps I have none but I'm sure there are some in the library...I can maybe pop in for them on the 27th...

Re lifts, added complication that Huw will probably stop and stay in Preston on the 2nd, and will need to have his car there. Not sure what the best solution is! I am happy to help with driving and would be covered third party.
EdShaw

Post by EdShaw »

Fabian, a lift share would be good. I need to come back on 2nd jan (or before if necessary).
Can take my car ( Mondeo estate) and extra body or bodies on return journey
vijaykorotane

Post by vijaykorotane »

Hi Beth

I have 3 maps of the area already from the library. Not picked up any other guides.

Vijay