North London Hut, Capel Curig 2nd/3rd March

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Beth

Re: North London Hut, Capel Curig 2nd/3rd March

Post by Beth »

I won't make it to the pub tonight, if anyone is going it would be great if they could get the relevant maps/books out from the library!
slaight

Post by slaight »

Hey folks. Sorry to be a pain but due to the icey roads and uncertainty if we will go I'm going to pull out of doing food. Unsure how roads are near you but redditch is down to 10mph and it took me over an hour to get home tonight. If meet goes ahead my plan is to go to tyn y coed magbe or grab a pizza or two on the way up. Just uncertain of buying lots of food for people/me to pull out of the meet. Hope people understand and sorry again!
Sarah :D
Jukey88

Post by Jukey88 »

Roads are shocking in Solihull
Stew

Post by Stew »

No worries Sarah. I’m going to check out the traffic reports mid afternoon and judge it. Very keen to go as Wales is rarely frozen to this extent. Will eat in the Tyn Y Coed.
Jukey88

Post by Jukey88 »

Does anyone have spare crampons that will fit Scarpa Mantas, I have some but they’re currently down in Cheltenham. If the weather has improved tomorrow I can drive down and get them, but just in case ?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Just a quick note on staying warm. We need wood for the log burner, so if you have any can you bring it with you.
kudos

Post by kudos »

Jukey88 wrote:Does anyone have spare crampons that will fit Scarpa Mantas, I have some but they’re currently down in Cheltenham. If the weather has improved tomorrow I can drive down and get them, but just in case ?
Jukey - I have some spare crampons (G10's probably C1 's) that I will throw in.

I'm very keen to make it to the meet, but obvs you won't have them if I don't make it.

Karl
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Jukey88

Post by Jukey88 »

I’m keen too, Many thanks, might be able to get my own back with a bit of luck
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

I admire the enthusiasm, just be safe out there.

Mothering bit done.
slaight

Post by slaight »

Jake and I are out I think. My card is stuck as I can't turn it round on the hill I live on. Will let you know if that changes. Have fun!!!
Sarah :D
JoeGrainger

Post by JoeGrainger »

Hi all

I can bring my wifes crampons (c2) and will throw in a spare walking axe.

I am also keen to get there tonight. I am happy to eat out.

I am going up from Stafford after work today so if anyone wants a lift from mine they are welcome (pm me). You can leave a car or two at mine on the drive. Not sure on timings yet as it depends on when I can get away and what it’s like leaving Bham.

Joe
JoeGrainger

Post by JoeGrainger »

Might be worth everyone bringing plenty of water as I would have thought it likely that pipes will be frozen in the hut.
kudos

Post by kudos »

Make sure your washer fluid is topped up with the pure stuff. I saw two people this morning that had to stop to pore water on their windscreens. I know you need defrosted lines for this to work, but mine had defrosted by yesterday afternoon, so took the opportunity to fill up.

Next lesson, how to suck eggs!

K
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Vic and I are going to pull out on account of the weather and conditions.
Jukey88

Post by Jukey88 »

Checking the weather it’s gonna be snowing from now through the night. It’s started snowing again so given the forecast I will pull out of this meet and join the next one !