Braedownie, Glen Clova, Cairngorm - 29 Mar-2 Apr

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

RolandNClarke

TRANSPORT Glen Clova, Cairngorm - 29 Mar-2 Apr

Post by RolandNClarke »

I will bring my own car as I am too slow at walking uphill for most of you, and thus need my own transport.
I plan to travel to Scotland on Thursday 29 March leaving Rugby by 10 am. I will have a break in Perth to buy food in Morrison's. I estimate getting to the hut at 8pm. I will return on Monday 2 April.

If anyone wants a lift with me they are welcome.
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com
Adam

Re: Braedownie, Glen Clova, Cairngorm - 29 Mar-2 Apr

Post by Adam »

Evening Mercians

I have sent most people an email with all the info you need for this weekend, so check your inbox.

Becky & Amandeep I haven't got you address, can you send me an email so I can reply to it, you should have a few from meets@... in your inbox.

Adam
Beth

Post by Beth »

Please sign Anna up for all meals!
Jules

Post by Jules »

Can I please sign up for all meals if it's not too late.

No desserts though thanks, I'm on a post week of birthday binge diet..... or I will be by then :)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Evening

For anyone who is unsure of the huts location, here's the address.

Braedownie, Glen Clova, Angus, DD8 4RD. Cairngorms National Park. 70 metres beyond the end of the public road. Gate is clearly signed.
Grid ref 286 757.

And here's a lovely picture.
Attachments
Braedownie Hut Location.jpg
Braedownie Hut Location.jpg (179.78 KiB) Viewed 9249 times
Amandeep1989

Post by Amandeep1989 »

Hey

Really sorry about this but unfortunately I wont be able to make the meet anymore, so take my name off the list and if anyone else wanted to go let them know. Really gutted I cant make it, hope you all have a great time!

Thanks

Am
BeckySpaghetti

Post by BeckySpaghetti »

Hi,
Just to ask Karl if I'm still okay to borrow your crampons for the meet? And if anyone has a spare ice axe that would also be much welcomed and appreciated (I haven't checked the weather but I'm assuming snow)
kudos

Post by kudos »

BeckySpaghetti wrote:........borrow your crampons for the meet? .....................I haven't checked the weather but I'm assuming snow.........
I've packed my spare crampons.

Deffo snow, it's Scotland!
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Hi all

Just emailed the club that owns the hut and good news!..... They said that mattresses are now provided so no need to bring a roll mat anymore (though adding a personal 'no blame' disclaimer if he turns out to be some sadistic wind up merchant!)

Will assume everyone is in for crumble except for those who have explicitly stated no to puddings (Huw, Jules).

Lou :)
annamairead

Post by annamairead »

I've got a spare axe that I'll pop in.

The Cairngorms are snowy! It's been a bit warm so lots has melted... but then it snowed again tonight. I had an awesome day out last week when there was a proper hard crust on the snow, so you could just stamp across the top.