Church Stile, Nether Wasdale, May BH (4-7)

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

VickyHiggs

Re: Church Stile, Nether Wasdale, May BH (4-7)

Post by VickyHiggs »

Stu we are leaving Brum after work so probably not much earlier than you. Would they let us park outside the gate and walk in to pitch tents?
Stew

Post by Stew »

I emailed him to the effect that the curfew is not mentioned on the web site and whether he’d take issue to us (ie me and Vic, I’m not divulging that folk we know are there too) quietly pitching if we do arrive after 10:30pm. Awaiting a reply. I hope to be there earlier than 10:30pm, but you never can tell with the M6.

But yes, it looks like the fun police are out in force in Wasdale.
slaight

Post by slaight »

I'm back on the forum (hurray). 1 small tent booked a few days ago. Looking to car share if possible as haven't booked a tent. Will check today if I can leave early at all Friday.
Sarah :D
Louise

Post by Louise »

Welcome back Sarah :)

I am looking for a car share buddy. Not sure what time I can leave either but will investigate.
Stew

Post by Stew »

I've been told in no uncertain terms that if you arrive after 10:30pm you are not to try to camp. We've also been offered our deposit back.

I think it very unlikely I'll meet this curfew, it's a long way to Wasdale, coupled with the M6 and Bank Holiday traffic and the good forecast.

I'll have a team pow-wow with Vic tonight.
RolandNClarke

Post by RolandNClarke »

I have booked a pitch for my large tent and me.
I plan to leave Rugby at 10 am. I guess I could take one other tent with me.
Would it be best if we all ate out Saturday and Sunday to avoid getting together on the site?
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com
Huw

Post by Huw »

I'd be happy to throw your tent up Stew before the magic 10.30 bedtime if you can get it to Fab, Vic or Beth in the week.

Also my new 2m high, 5m long tent is quite extravagent, so you're welcome to crash in it on fri night if worst comes to worst. Its similar to Pierces but a little smaller.

Maybe we can have a late party on Sun night as a thanks to the owners for the hospitality.
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

I think we will be ok to bbq or something, as long as we camp near the back and are not too rowdy. We can claim we all just met by the toilet block and became the best of friends! Perhaps wise to decant to the pub later on though, if people want to stay up and have a drink (it will probably be a bit nippy in any event!).
RolandNClarke

Post by RolandNClarke »

We will not have a choice about where we pitch our tents. Thus we will be probably scattered all over the camping area.
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com
Stew

Post by Stew »

Adam has offered Vic and I space in his tent on the first night, so that’s sorted.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

I think it's probably best that we ditch the car stickers and merch for this meet as if he thinks we are a group it sounds like he's liable to kick us off. I guess we just have to break down into smaller groups and/or try and all fit in the pub and/or find a nice field to sit in.
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

There's a load of woodland right next to the campsite. We can have a rave in there :rolleyes:
kudos

Post by kudos »

I'm not a fan of this clandestine meet. Loud and proud, that's how we should be.

It's a bit late now, but has the site owner been asked if he would accept groups?

I appreciate it's difficult wrt to camping meets to maintain flexibility and not to ask for deposits off folk, but in future can we stay somewhere that allow well behaved and orgganised groups, please?

What's the score at Porth Clais, approach under darkness and tents down by dawn?!

K
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Beth

Post by Beth »

Hi all,

I won't make it to climbing or the pub tonight, but if anyone else does I'm sure it would be appreciated by all if they got any area maps/guidebooks out of the library :) I'm catching the train on Sat with my bike so see you all Saturday, if you haven't been booted out before then!

Beth
JoeGrainger

Post by JoeGrainger »

I’m taking Karl up so with loud and proud it looks like we’ll be kicked off first! :lol: