Porthclais, Pembrokeshire - 25-28 May

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Beth

Re: Porthclais, Pembrokeshire - 25-28 May

Post by Beth »

I have a sleeping bag you can borrow Tom but it's just a cheap one I got for festivals so not that cosy. Looks like good weather though so it might be fine! I'll throw it but let me know if you get a better offer because the car isn't exactly spacious!

I'm giving Vicky and Fabian lifts so can't fit anyone else in my car I'm afraid.
Ana

Post by Ana »

Hi
I would like to get a lift if somebody has spaces in the car on the way to Pembrokshire on the following friday.
I'm from Alveston- Stratford upon Avon so I could wait somewhere on the way south...

Please let me know if anyone has a place for one more soul ;)

have a nice monday
Anna
Ana

Post by Ana »

Hi
I would like to get a lift if somebody has spaces in the car on the way to Pembrokshire on this friday.
I'm from Alveston- Stratford upon Avon so I could wait somewhere on the way south...

Please let me know if anyone has a place for one more soul ;)

have a nice monday
Anna
kudos

Post by kudos »

I'm in, and so is my dog!
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Hi Ana, my car is full already unfortunately. Perhaps one of the others can offer a lift. Stew.
kudos

IMPORTANT CAMPING INSTRUCTIONS

Post by kudos »

Hi all,

I'll be bringing Dylan, who you all know and love.

One of the fields at Porth Clais is grazed by sheep, so they don't allow dogs in that field (something in dog poo that is poisionous to sheep).

Therefore, to whoever is the first to arrive, could you please NOT camp in the Eastern-most field, else we won't be able to join you. All of the other fields are fine.

Here's a link to the site map:
http://porthclais-farm-campsite.co.uk/site-plan/

Thank you from him and me,

K
Last edited by kudos on 21 May 2018, 15:39, edited 2 times in total.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
kudos

Post by kudos »

PS. I can't offer a lift either, since I'm going via the in-laws and will only turn up at the site early on Sunday.
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Tom I can sort you a roll mat if required.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Ana. We may be able to give you a lift. Vic will email you.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Is anyone going to the pub this week? If so could they please get the Pembs Rockfax book out?

Myself, Tom and Adam will be arriving late Friday.

See you all there
Louise

Post by Louise »

Mmmm weather thoughts anyone?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hello

For those people not on the whatsapp group, the meet has now been moved to the lake district. It is at High Bridge End Farm at the top of Thirlmere. When you come off the main road go up the lane to the campsite and into the field on the right. Thirlmere, Keswick CA12 4TG.

Bring 20p or 50p for the showers, i cant remember which.

Cheers
Adam
campsite 1.png
campsite 1.png (824.11 KiB) Viewed 10849 times
campsite 2.png
campsite 2.png (356.2 KiB) Viewed 10849 times
Vic

Post by Vic »

Do we need to book a space?
Anna

Post by Anna »

Hi Murray,

You more than likely won't pick this up, but we learned from the campsite office that you are here on the Pembrokeshire campsite and that it appears that everyone else cancelled. We are in the big blue tent quite close to you in the same field.

It beggars belief that the meet was moved on the Friday afternoon when you were already here and others will have started their journeys.

Anna
corbetteer

Post by corbetteer »

Well, Mercians,

Just to let you know, the belated decision to move the Meet to Thirlmere backfired big time! The weather got up to 26 yesterday and was generally good all weekend but with occasional rain overnight. The campsite was excellent for the price, facilities good and the views fabulous!

The decision to alter the venue of the meet was disgusting - when you have 2 people walking round a campsite trying to find where the Mercians are eventually to find out on Saturday afternoon they have gone elsewhere it is frankly quite ridiculous!

Unilateral decisions like this are totally unacceptable and are not the decision of the Meets Secretary to make on whim especially on a Friday afternoon just because he feels like - we are a Club for God,s sake not a clique - or are we? This has never happened in the Club before and must never happen again!

This is a cock up of epic proportions!

Such actions have consequences - heads need to roll - starting with the Meets Secretary. Hopefully he will save us the trouble and resign before further actions are necessary!

Murray
It's easy, she's standing right next to you