Morocco/Toubkal w/c Sat 21st Sept

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

avmaestro

Re: Morocco/Toubkal w/c Sat 21st Sept

Post by avmaestro »

Hi Vicky,

Your plan for 21st Sept to 1st Oct sounds perfect. Thank you for all the research and working it out. My preference would also be for Toubkal, Marrakesh, Desert as well.

Malc
Watch where you're putting your feet
Beth

Post by Beth »

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2019 ... aders-tips

Few bits and bobs here that might be of interest. Cycling tour around Marrakech sounds fun!
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Some flights booked for me, Fabian, Beth and Huw. Flying out 21st Sept and home 1st Oct. Exciting times!
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Malcolm has also just booked his via expedite for £111 incl baggage. Looks like they are a bit cheaper than when I looked a few months ago which is good news. Get booking folks!
slaight

Post by slaight »

I'm currently looking at flying the same ryanair flight out on the Saturday and flying back on the Sunday with ba (boyfriend can get friends and family rate for anyone so pretty sure it won't work out any more expensive than it would with ryanair on the Saturday) . That way should be able to fit in walking and then the 3 day trip to the desert. Won't have time to see marrakesh but I could do that another time :)
Last edited by slaight on 05 Apr 2019, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah :D
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

If anyone is interested I have just purchased the cicerone guide 'mountaineering in the high atlas' to see what else there is to do around there. Happy to lend out.

Vic
slaight

Post by slaight »

I'm all booked :) flying Luton to marrakesh with everyone on 8am flight 21st Sept and returning on a ba flight to Gatwick on Sunday 29th September :)
Sarah :D
Antafanta

Post by Antafanta »

Hi Vicki,
I sort of forgot to check the forum re Morocco. I'm still interested.
... Thanks for the research - amazing job. All sounds great. I'd be keen for a another day in the mountains but happy to stick with most. I'll try and find flight connections..
Antafanta

Post by Antafanta »

Booked flights from Inverness to Marrakesh Sat 21 to Sat 28. I fly in a lot later then others - 5pm. If anybody wants to hang about and share the transfer costs it would be much appreciated!
HarryC

Post by HarryC »

Just booked same flights as Fabian, Huw Beth etc. Still going really cheap!!
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Great news Harry! Welcome to the team!
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Some booking info circulated via email. Let me know if you've not received it and want it!