Agnes Spencer - 20-22 Jan

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

BethA

Re: Agnes Spencer - 20-22 Jan

Post by BethA »

Hi guys, I just wrote on the whatsapp group but to reiterate - very sorry myself and Tom are pulling out of this weekend's meet. As I said winter conditions up here are just too good to miss seeing as they don't happen all that often :lol: Very sorry as we will have to pass the haggis baton onto someone else. Hope you all have a fantastic time!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Jaz I'd lift share with you to split costs. Will WhatsApp to sort details out.

Roland could I get in on the pineapple too please?

Thanks all.
RolandNClarke

FOOD: Agnes Spencer - 20-22 Jan

Post by RolandNClarke »

Hi folks,
I am willing to buy Haggis, potatoes, swede and gravy, Thursday afternoon. I do not want to cook it because preparing pineapples will take some time.
Is anyone willing to cook?
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com
Enoch

Post by Enoch »

I can do the mash

I never prepare haggis or gravy before so not sure I can be trusted 🙈
Tom

Post by Tom »

Haggis is easy, just wrap in foil and place in a roasting tin with a few cm of water for 45-60m depending on size!

Beth's whisky sauce is saute onions in butter until soft, add a glug of whisky and cook off alcohol (flambe optional!), add chicken stock, add double cream then reduce and season to taste. Add a splash more whisky at the end to taste. You can add some dijon mustard as well which I think is nice.
Tom M
Tom

Post by Tom »

Sorry guys but we got an offer to go ski touring with Anta so you can blame her :D :D
Tom M