*Pub crawl* Fri 12th feb

For news etc. on Social Events

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Huw

*Pub crawl* Fri 12th feb

Post by Huw »

Chaps/Ladies

I've acquired a copy of the below, which has inspired a cheeky pub crawl. Recceing is now complete, so the plan for Friday is:

Meeting at The Woodman, New Canal Street, Birmingham, B5 5LG. http://thewoodmanbirmingham.co.uk/ I’ll be there from 6, moving out at 7.25, and my number’s 07903 786 945.

If you want to eat along the way, the above is the only pub that does food. They stop serving food at 6.45pm, so if you’re going to struggle for that cut off, suggest you grab something before and just meet us there for the invigorating first pint. [b]If you’re eating, can you poke what time you’re arriving on the forum, and I may do a pre-order.
[/b]
The final running order is below, a pleasingly broad mix of establishments:

The Woodman – *Its worth noting that aside from the pub delights, I wouldn’t recommend walking around some of Digbeth on your own, so [b]can we all convene here.
[/b]This also saves p1ssing around! Leaving at 7.25pm.
The Anchor
The White Swan
The Wagon and Horses
The Spotted Dog
(Optional cheeky extra pub – The Old Moseley Arms, Moseley)
The Prince of Wales (Moseley)

Bring some coins for the number 50 bus to Moseley, and let me know if you need somewhere to stay there, as there’s a few of us with spare floor space, myself included.

Finally, Chloe has kindly agreed to be pace setter, so get some last min training in!

Cheers
Huw

Those that I can remember that are in:

Me
Fabian
Louise
Stew
Vijay
Kettle
Jules
Chloe
Pierce
Sandy
Anta
Beth
Vic
Emma
Geoff
Khyati
Nima
Mike
John

Apologies to those missing, the above have generally mentioned it often enough for it to stick in the grey matter as a firm yes. Post below..

[attachment=0]IMG_3756.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_3756.JPG
IMG_3756.JPG (39.01 KiB) Viewed 13957 times
Vicki

Re: *Pub crawl* Fri 12th feb

Post by Vicki »

Count me in.
EmmaM

Post by EmmaM »

Count me in!! Tom is just firming up when his exam is (could be the Saturday) so unsure at present.
ChloeR

Post by ChloeR »

Just booked me train ticket, roll into Brum New Street at 1900hrs...let me know which pub you guys will be in Huw and see you all there!
Huw

Post by Huw »

AWESOME. Its on. I'll send an email out on tue and confirm the running order. Looking forward
Huw

Post by Huw »

I'll drop it on here as well for those not acquainted with the mailing list..
kxp721

Post by kxp721 »

Nima too please!
Khyati
Huw

Post by Huw »

Sorted, she's in!
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

Please add myself and John Mason see you at the Woodman about 7pm.
Mike van Dog
Tom

Post by Tom »

if anyone is thinking of eating later, the Old Moseley Arms does fantastic curries and has a tandoori oven out the back.
Tom M
SandyH

Post by SandyH »

I'm working in London on Friday so won't be back till late. Train ticket via New St so might call you if I'm running early.
Huw

Post by Huw »

Ok no prob, let me know
Huw

Post by Huw »

[quote="Huw"]Chaps/Ladies

I've acquired a copy of the below, which has inspired a cheeky pub crawl. Recceing is now complete, so the plan for Friday is:

Meeting at The Woodman, New Canal Street, Birmingham, B5 5LG. http://thewoodmanbirmingham.co.uk/ I’ll be there from 6, moving out at 7.25.

If you want to eat along the way, the above is the only pub that does food. They stop serving food at 6.45pm, so if you’re going to struggle for that cut off, suggest you grab something before and just meet us there for the invigorating first pint. [b]If you’re eating, can you poke what time you’re arriving on the forum, and I may do a pre-order.
[/b]
The final running order is below, a pleasingly broad mix of establishments:

The Woodman – *Its worth noting that aside from the pub delights, I wouldn’t recommend walking around some of Digbeth on your own, so [b]can we all convene here.
[/b]This also saves p1ssing around! Leaving at 7.25pm.
The Anchor
The White Swan
The Wagon and Horses
The Spotted Dog
(Optional cheeky extra pub – The Old Moseley Arms, Moseley)
The Prince of Wales (Moseley)

Bring some coins for the number 50 bus to Moseley, and let me know if you need somewhere to stay there, as there’s a few of us with spare floor space, myself included.

Finally, Chloe has kindly agreed to be pace setter, so get some last min training in!

Cheers
Huw

Those that I can remember that are in:

Me
Fabian
Louise
Stew
Vijay
Kettle
Jules
Chloe
Pierce
Sandy
Anta
Beth
Vic
Emma
Geoff
Khyati
Nima
Mike
John

Apologies to those missing, the above have generally mentioned it often enough for it to stick in the grey matter as a firm yes. Post below..

[attachment=0]IMG_3756.JPG[/attachment][/quote]