Reel Rock 2017

For news etc. on Social Events

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Tom

Reel Rock 2017

Post by Tom »

1. Stew
2. Vic
3. Naomi
4. Emma
5. Rebecca
6. Ab
Tom M
NWalker

Re: Reel Rock 2017

Post by NWalker »

Yes please.
Emma

Post by Emma »

What is this?

When is this??

Where is this???

(sorry, all the questions.....)
Stew

Post by Stew »

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=reel+rock+birmingham+2017

(guffaw-guffaw - sorry Emma, couldn't help myself)
Emma

Post by Emma »

:P

I actually tried that first. But their website is particularly uninformative if you don't actually know what it is already (or maybe just badly organised so I'm struggling to find the info I want?). It sounds like you go to the cinema and watch footage of people climbing. But with some sort of "party atmosphere"? Sounds... um.... odd? As it seems to be a regular thing, I presumed someone might have been before and could provide insight?

And the tour dates are one huge long page of dates all over the world - seems to be organised by date rather than by country/location, and scrolling down nothing obviously local to you lot jumped out at me....? Most seem to be in the US, I see a few European countries, but a ctrl-F search for UK or United Kingdom or England didn't find anything either, and the only result that searching for "Birmingham" threw up is in the US, so it's not clear to me which one people are planning on going to?

I have now noticed the "map" option which I missed first time and sounds more helpful, only it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. My internet is connected via tinfoil, or maybe chewing gum wrappers or something (down-side of living in the middle of bloody nowhere!) so is temperamental to say the least! It's been cutting out all evening this evening - anything that involves downloading a large amount of data is a bit of a struggle..... :/
Stew

Post by Stew »

Tom can you please add the details you included from the Mercian group email to this thread.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Morning all,

The Reel Rock tour winds it way to your doorsteps again on Tuesday 21 November at the Crescent Theatre.

This year the films include: "Young Guns" where some teenagers make us all look stupid, "Boys in The Bugs" where some Canadians try to be the Wide Boyz and what may be the first Adventure Musical "Dodo's Delight"

They usually do a group discount if we get more than a few people.

If you'd like to go please put your name down on the forum post and we can try to arrange booking tickets together.

Gratsee millay

Tom
Tom M
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Emma, just sign up. ☺ It's basically a few hours watching things we will never do but that looks bloody cool whilst drinking beer and eating free Cliff bars.
Emma

Post by Emma »

*lol* thanks both - I'm always up for drinking beer, and most importantly I'm free that day, so sure, sign me up! :)
BeckySpaghetti

Post by BeckySpaghetti »

Hey!

I just saw the updated list of films and they look super cool! Could I sign myself and Ab up if you don't mind me tagging on a non mercian member while we're buying a group of tickets anyway??
BeckySpaghetti

Post by BeckySpaghetti »

Hey, I can book for everyone if you like and then people can repay with cash or card details whatever is easiest.

I know you just sent out another email Tom so if we give it another few days/up to a week for people to add names if they wish then book? :)
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Hi Becky,
That's great thanks. If you let me have your bank details via email once you've got it booked then I'll transfer over the money.

Cheers
BeckySpaghetti

Post by BeckySpaghetti »

Hi,

Tickets bought :) it was £10.76 each, Vicki I'll message you details and Emma/Naomi either message me for bank details or cash whenever I next see you.

Vicki and Stew your tickets should be sent to the mmcsecretary email address. Naomi I think I took the correct email from your Facebook so you should have yours by email as well ( if not I'll have a copy) and Emma I didn't have your email address so if you let me know I can forward it to you?