Anyone climbing indoors/outdoors this weekend?

Sort organising belay buddies/wall sessions/lifts for activities during the week.

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Clare1

Anyone climbing indoors/outdoors this weekend?

Post by Clare1 »

Hi guys, I'm new to the group and would like to climb indoors or outdoors this weekend (bit rainy and cold, but may be able to find somewhere).
Haven't led, but seconded VS/HVS (with a bit of help)! 6A/6A+ indoors. Working on lead climbing, if someone has a rope.
Let me know if anyone is going out this weekend, or climbing indoors.
Thanks, Clare :D
Tom

Re: Anyone climbing indoors/outdoors this weekend?

Post by Tom »

Hi Clare,

Welcome to the club! Weather looks ok for Saturday so there might be some people climbing. We'll probably chat about it at the wall on Thursday if you're about?
Tom M
Clare1

Post by Clare1 »

Thanks and great!
Won't be at Creation tomorrow, as I work in Watford Mon-Fri. Let me know what's going on this Saturday.
Look forward to meeting you.

Clare
Clare1

Post by Clare1 »

How about Matlock this Saturday? 17 degrees and sunny!
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Hi Claire,
Of the four crags around Matlock there is only one route from VD to S so it doesn't really make it a very club friendly spot as we have a number of newbies at the moment and also a number of members who have only recently started climbing. (You're right that the weather looks good there though.)
Last night it was suggested that Lawrencefield, Rivelin, Yarncliff, Gardoms or Chatsworth might be goers as there are sheltered but looking at the peak weather this morning it's not looking too good. I think a final decision will be made tonight so check in again later to see if anything is planned.
Clare1

Re: If not outdoors, indoors?

Post by Clare1 »

If we don't go to a crag, how about Redpoint?

Afternoon better for me if possible. See what everyone else wants to do :D
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi clare,

A few of us are going to risk it and head to the peak district tomorrow in the vicinity of lawrencefield, yarncliffe and millstone.

Beth and I live in Moseley so we can give you a lift if you'd like. we're leaving around half 8 if that's ok?

Tom
Tom M
Clare1

Post by Clare1 »

Hi. I'm gonna give it a miss cos my cold isn't quite gone, but have a fab day!
Thanks,
Clare