Mid Week meets

Sort organising belay buddies/wall sessions/lifts for activities during the week.

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Ian M

Mid Week meets

Post by Ian M »

Hi
I mentioned at the AGM that now that several of us have retired we have been going walking and climbing during the week when things are quieter rather than always attending the organised weekend Hut and Camping meets
It has been suggested that we could set up some advertised meets on the forum to give more members who are available in the week options to meet up.
I have agreed to coordinate some meets if there is enough interest to sustain it.
My plan would be to start with some day meets and then extend to some hut stays if the group develops
The meets while likely to be most interest to retired members will be open to all members who are around on week days.
In order to gauge the interest please reply to this thread or email
If this is something you would like to take part in giving details of the type of event which would interest you most.

Ian Moore
Mike Hogg

Re: Mid Week meets

Post by Mike Hogg »

Hi Ian
I would be interested in mid week meets, local walks, bike rides etc so please add me to your email list or Whatsapp group.
Thanks
Mike Hogg
Mike van Dog
Ian M

Post by Ian M »

There are several people interested in attending the mid day meets
I suggest we set up a program of one event per month say the first Wednesday of the month starting with 2 February if that is suitable for everyone.
The meets based on the feedback will be walking meets however I do tend to go climbing most weeks climbing with Alan Hardie and Dave Smith most weeks so climbers are welcome to join us.
The plan for the first meet is to go for a walk in the Midlands finishing with a meet up afterwards at a pub with a beer garden so we can discuss future meetings in more details.
One option is that I could obtain some orienteering maps/courses which people could walk around in small groups for example in the Clent hills
Otherwise I am happy to consider any suggestions from other members
We need to determine the best method of communication
More people have replied via email than the forum but I am not sure whether the Mercian email to all members is the best option
We can set up a WhatsApp group but wouldn’t want to exclude people not familiar with this.
I will also try be around at the pub on Thursdays.
Ian
Ian M

Post by Ian M »

Following feedback I have changed the first meeting to Tuesday 8 February. Looking at a meeting on the Clent Hills
Follows by a post walk catch up at the Vine Inn to discuss plans for future meetings.