Email notifications?

For comments on anything (or one)

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Emma

Email notifications?

Post by Emma »

Does anyone know if it's possible to set up email notifications of new topics on these boards (and, if so, how??).

I'd really like to get an email whenever a new topic gets started in the Mountain Meets board, as I have a few in the next few months I'm hoping to come along to, but I know I'll forget to check the boards for when the topics on them start... Email notifications would be super handy, but so far I've not found a way to set them up (honestly I've looked - am I just being blind???).

thanks!
Emma
Stew

Re: Email notifications?

Post by Stew »

Unfortunately not Emma.

If it's a meet, and if you are set up on the mailing list, you will get an email from the meets sec telling you that the meet is now open on the board.

For anything else you just need to log on every now and again.
Emma

Post by Emma »

Mailing list? There's a mailing list???

When/where/how do I get on that, then?

I'm clearly terrible at this! ;)
Stew

Post by Stew »

...and for that most important of questions. As a starter for ten check out the web site (www.mercianmc.org) and look under Contact us/Mailing List. When you create a user name make it obvious it's you, as if it is at all cryptic Vic will think it's a robot trying to sign up and decline your request. It may also ask you about a magic volcano, if so message me on facebook and I'll share the password with you : )
Emma

Post by Emma »

I'm on it! Thanks :)