New Year Meet: 29th December - 2nd January

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Vicki

Re: New Year Meet: 29th December - 2nd January

Post by Vicki »

Thanks Murray the pudding sounds great.

I think I've got everyone that has requested it signed up for food but please check your names are on the list. Simon, do you need to know in advance who wants spicy and who wants bland chilli? :)
Simon

Post by Simon »

I've a spare pair of crampons (C1) and a walking axe if anyone wants to borrow them please let me know before Monday morning.

Simon
SimonD

Post by SimonD »

Can I put myself down for 31st Dinner in the Main Hut?

Many Thanks

Simon D
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hey could I also place myself and Hamish down for the meal on the 31st in the main hut? does anyone know what the menu is because I'm veggie? Hamish will definitely go for whatever's going but for myself I could bring along a ready meal to throw in the microwave so it's easier and just join in on anything non meat like starters and the main meal if that's ok?

If anyone wants any help cooking me and Hamish are happy to be sous chefs for the evening :) looking forward to seeing you all! X
Louise

Post by Louise »

Hello all
Could you also add Adam and I to the list for food on the 31st. Thank you
Lou
Ali Whitby

Post by Ali Whitby »

Could you please put me down for food, if it's not too late.

Let me know if I'm in!

Thanks,
Ali
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Ali, you didn't say which nights! We've had two drop out for tomorrow night so there will be spare if needed.

Just about to set off north, we haven't been to the Coe for an amazing thirty years so I'm as excited as a kid at Xmas! :smt081
BUT: the Glencoe forecast is for five days of rain - a pity, there is a 50% chance of the northern lights tomorrow night! :smt013
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Erm, so are you guys cooking tomorrow but not eating your own food? What have you done to it? As far as I know nobody in the club has written wills in your favour recently. :)

Does that mean we are still being fed on the 28th or do we need to bring our own food?

It would be amazing to see the Northern Lights so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Hi

Sorry for the late reply. Can you please put me & Mel down for the chicken pie, fish fie, New Years Eve Meal (I'm still thinking of a desert) & the beef stew.

Thanks

Matt
Matt

Post by Matt »

I need to edit my previous reply..... Can you remove us both from the Chicken Pie list. We wont be arriving in time for this meal.
Ali Whitby

Post by Ali Whitby »

The Northern lights does sound cool!

Can I be put down for dinner new year eve if there's still time?

Ali
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Thanks to everyone for a great meet. Shame about the weather but the company was really good and that more than made up for it. Bloody typically though it started snowing today and we had a really slow journey across Rannoch Moor thanks to the snow.

I believe I have the following belonging to other members:

Water Bottle + puzzle - SH
Black socks - HD or SH?
Pair of ice axes + guide book - Mike S

Does someone have my ice axes and the club's map for (I think) Glencoe?

Photos and blog entries are now up. It would be great to get some blog entries up from people who went out and did more interesting things than me. :) If you don't yet have info on how to blog then get in touch with Simon. Don't forget that we no longer have a newsletter so the blog has now taken over from that and the club book. Please help make the club look fun and interesting by showing what we get up to.