New Year Meet: 29th December - 2nd January

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Simon

New Year Meet: 29th December - 2nd January

Post by Simon »

Mercians,

This year our New Year meet will take place in Scotland, we will be staying at the Alex MacIntyre Hut(http://www.mcofs.org.uk/huts-macintyre.asp) in Ballachulish on the West Coast of Scotland (Between Glencoe and Fort William).

The area offers some of the UK's finest hill walking, scrambling, climbing and mountain biking. If winter conditions are good, winter climbing, skiing and snowboarding could also be on offer.

The dates are Thursday 29th December - Monday 2nd January (4 Nights) for which we have 16 places booked. In addition there are also 5 places reserved for Wednesday 28th December.

Cost will be £36 for people staying 4 nights, £45 for those wanting 5 nights.

Booking for this meet will operate slightly different to normal, bookings will be taken from THURSDAY 20th OCTOBER onwards (and not before), to secure your place on this meet, you will need to PAY UP FRONT, IN FULL. I will be in the Wagon and Horses from 10pm onwards on Thursday.
If you're interested in this meet don't delay as the number of places are limited and it’s likely to get booked up very quickly.

Attending:

Simon H - 5 nights
Huw - 4 nights
Julie - 5 nights
Jodie - 4 Nights
Paul - 4 nights
Brian - 5 nights
Pauline - 5 nights
CJ - 5 nights
Sarah - 5 nights
Geoff - 4 nights
Lynn - 4 nights
Matt - 4 nights
Mel - 4 nights
Vicki - 5 nights
Adam - 5 nights
Murray - 5 nights

Reserve list - trying to sort extra accomodation

Barry
Louise
Hamish
Jen
Simon D
Ali W
Vicki

Re: New Year Meet: 29th December - 2nd January

Post by Vicki »

Must remember money on Thursday.... must remember money on Thursday....
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Will a cheque be acceptable, Simon? I'll be in West Sussex on Thursday and may be short of time to get cash!

Cheers

Brian
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Brian - Yes a cheque will be fine.
Ali Whitby

Post by Ali Whitby »

I really, really want to go but im not going to be able to come up for thur, I have too much work on this week as a deadline is approaching.

please, can i pay next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ali, the hut is now full I'm afraid, but we are trying to sort out some extra accomodation for those that missed out. If you email me at meets@mercianmc.org.uk I'll forward you the details.

Regards

Simon
SimonD

Post by SimonD »

Dear Simon H/Ali

I have managed to find alternative accommodation. There is an extra room available with us at £62.50 for 5 nights from 28th Dec to 2nd Jan. Our chalet is about 1 mile or so from the hut so we shouldn't miss out on the social aspect of the meet. If you are interested please let me know.

I'm particularly relieved to have found accommodation as I think Huw had intentions of taking advantage of me in the back of his Volvo.....

BW

Simon D
Huw

Post by Huw »

Talk about gratitude. Good luck with persuading people to part with their money, seems expensive! :)
Ali Whitby

Post by Ali Whitby »

The extra acc. sound spot on, thanks. I have also spoken to VJ and he would be up for using the additional acc. I also thing a rally of the others on the reserve list would defiantly make it work.

Thanks,

Ali
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Shall we start drawing up a list of who's cooking what and when? Quite a few people have already volunteered to do main meals so I think we just need to sort the days out. I'm going to try and knock up some cakes to take up for nibbles.
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

There is nothing on this board about volunteering for chef of the day! Pauline and I are willing to do a day, too.

We are travelling up on Tuesday and overnighting at a Travelodge so will be at the hut by lunchtime Wednesday - if the roads are passable!
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Right, lets see if we can sort out who's doing food for which nights.

28th - Pauline's mild and fruity curry
29th - Paul's chicken pie
30th - Lynn's fish pie
31st - SH, ML and JT (Are you guys still on for that?)
1st - ?

I will do a main if necessary but it sounded like there were lots of offers for mains so I'm happy to do some cakes. I think Riggers was going to do mulled cider as well. If we can get people to start signing up for cooking and eating then it's one less thing to try and sort in the last few days before Christmas.

I think the plan is that we are feeding everyone on the 31st (with the exception of those in Tom's hut who are going for a meal) but that for other nights the other huts will cater for themselves.
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Pauline is offering a mild and fruity chicken curry for any night. :smt117
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Great. I've put her down for the first night then but I can put it on another if she'd rather.
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Vicki wrote:Great. I've put her down for the first night then but I can put it on another if she'd rather.
That's fine with us, but do you mean Wednesday or Thursday night? Would you like us to provide dessert?