The Loft, Blea Tarn: 3/4th December

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Simon

The Loft, Blea Tarn: 3/4th December

Post by Simon »

Mercians,

The next meet will be held at The Loft, Blea Tarn in Langdale in the Lake District on the weekend of 3rd/4th December (http://lancsmc.org/Huts/index.php?Param=Loft) There are 16 places available, at a cost of £12/head for the weekend.

I've seen a couple of forecasts suggesting that there will be snow early next week, so this could be the 1st winter climbing meet of the year, it's also the last one before New Year, and the 1st visit to the Lakes since October, so hopefully you're all looking forward to it and eager to sign up :D

Simon

Attending:

Justin
Mark B
Niall
Jen
Hamish
Alan
Justin Hewart

Re: The Loft, Blea Tarn: 3/4th December

Post by Justin Hewart »

Hi Simon, can you my name down for this? My first meet! :)
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Hi Simon, can you put my name down for this meet, also could you find out if its possible to stay at the hut before and after the weekend! Cheers mark b
NiallMcGarrigle

Post by NiallMcGarrigle »

Hi Simon, could you put me down for this too. This is also my first meet. Cheers

Niall
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Hi Niall, I've got your ticket for the winter skills meet but I'm not going to be down the wall tomorrow to pass it on. I think I'll have to give it to Adam to give you on the night as I will probably be turning up late. You owe Mike S £3.50 for it. See you soon.
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hi Simon can you pop me and Hamish down too please?

Thanks

Jen
Jen

Post by Jen »

Simon could you also please email me details on how we go about becoming full members of the club? We are happy to pay our membership fees before the meet if we are accepted as members.

jennifer_kate_stretton@hotmail.com

Thanks again

Jen
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Hi Jen,
I've sent you an email with the details on. :)
Jen

Post by Jen »

Thanks for putting us down simon - really excited to finally get out again for some climbing!!!

Thanks for sending the stuff over Vicky! Hope to see you all at the wall soon now I'm finally settled into work! =)

Jen x
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Come on guys! Surely there are more people that want to get away this weekend? There's meant to be a reasonable chance of snow and you get away from all the hordes of Christmas shoppers. Two great reasons to make sure you go.
Justin Hewart

Post by Justin Hewart »

And my charming company of course!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mark - no problem if you want to stay an extra night either side, although I won't get the key until Wednesday.

Well behaved, under control dogs are allowed at this hut.

To everyone on this meet, please note there are some special conditions with regard to noise and access that must be adhered to, as the LMC have had a lot of complaints from their neighbours at this hut:
  • Switch off music systems prior to your arrival.
  • Close the gates immediately after using them.
  • Do not park anywhere in the yard other than in our parking area, next to the Loft.
  • Do not venture into any of the garden areas.
  • Do not disturb the people at Blea Tarn house and be aware that they have young children who go to bed early.
  • Be quiet by the house and within our car park, especially after 9.00 pm.
  • Do not take vehicles into the yard after 11.00 pm. Late arrivals must be unloaded from the road and then parked overnight on the National Trust car park at Blea Tarn, which is about ten minutes' walk away.
  • Only 6 cars can be parked on our car park, additional vehicles should use the National Trust car park at Blea Tarn.
NiallMcGarrigle

Post by NiallMcGarrigle »

Hi, is anyone driving up from Birmingham that may have a spare space in their car?

If not, I'm happy to drive up if i can squeeze a few into the car to keep petrol costs down. I can probably squeeze in 4 people plus gear if needed?

Niall
Mark B

Post by Mark B »

Can I grab a lift with someone?

Will be at the wall Thursday eve

Cheers mark
Alan

Post by Alan »

Simon,

Count me in for this Meet. I suggest we organise transport Thursday because I don't know some of the others. if we all meet up Thursday evening we can organise things.

Alan