Bank Holiday Camping: 4-7th May

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Simon

Re: Bank Holiday Camping: 4-7th May

Post by Simon »

Anyone looking for mountain biking near Machynlleth might be better off putting "cli-machx" rather than "climax" into Google!

I'm working out of town on Friday, so will make my own way there, with an ETA of about 9:20-10:00

Simon
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Never done Cnefion arete so that would be good but me and cold/wet climbing don't mix so I'm still planning on taking the bike. Hell, if Sarah is taking hers I might stand a chance of someone going at my pace. :) I think I'll see if the forecast continues to improve tomorrow before I decide about climbing stuff but I think we are going to be pushed for space in the car so I might have to make a decision as to what to take.
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

I'm cashing in my, lack of fine weather clause, on this one. Although Saturday might be ok for a scramble. Have a great weekend and hopefully catch some of you on the Gower soon :ANAL:
"Ow, I like it!"
b.b

Post by b.b »

BEN!
you massive wimp! :lol:
it's only predicted showers and possible snow! that's better than fine weather.
Sarah Mac

Post by Sarah Mac »

Hi

I just rang the campsite to check it's open and not flooded. The friendly man who answered said their weather hasn't been too bad the last few days and the pitches aren't that wet at the moment.

See you tomorrow/ Saturday :D
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Yeah :)
See you up there tomorrow night then. Save us a dry spot if you get there first.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Those of you who bailed because of the weather really shouldn't have done. We had really nice weather, albeit a little nippy, on both Saturday and Sunday and didn't see a hint of rain. It was only about 6am this morning when the weather turned and we had strong winds and heavy rain.

We did a circular walk up Aran Fawdwwy (spelling?) on the Satuday followed by a bbq back at camp. Which, given today's news, Mike will be pleased to know we kept outside of the party tent.

Sunday saw us nearly getting caught up in the Enduro mountain bike race as we headed over to Machynlleth. Fortunately our route didn't see us going the same way as the competitors but our route proved challenging enough anyway as we didn't have a map. (Stupidly the bike shop which sold them was closed on the very day the town was swarming with cyclists!)

After having seen the weather this morning (according to Muffin there was snow on the top of Aran Fawdwwy but all I could see was clag) we decided to pack up and head back for a pub lunch at the Windmill before returning to dry out the sopping wet tents.

It was a really nice weekend again made as much by the company as the activities.

Simon, can you let us all know what we owe for the bbq/bbq food/party tent?
Mark, what do we owe you for the fry up?

Did anybody pick up my camping chair or did the wind pick it up?

Pictures from the meet are now online: https://picasaweb.google.com/MercianMou ... ayBank2012
If you've got any more to put up then let me know.
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

I'm glad you had a great weekend, lovely pics. I didn't notice too many tees and harnesses and by my standards thats a good swerve. Un ashamed sunshine cragger :rolleyes: :)
"Ow, I like it!"