Gower Camping: 26/27th May

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Ham Brian

Re: Gower Camping: 26/27th May

Post by Ham Brian »

As the weather looks good, Pauline and I are thinking of going on Thursday morning: unless we are put somewhere else we will try and grab the usual corner of the top field.
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Hi Brian,
Yeah when I booked they said they would put us on the left along the bottom fence of the field by the cafe as normal.
See you there. It is reserved under my name / the club. Obviously I didn't book for Thursday night so you might be best just to let them know you are coming down early.
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Thanks, Vicki, I let them know some days ago when I checked that it would be OK for Roxie to come - she'll be tethered on site.

It looks like barbi weather for Saturday! :smt023
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Are we doing a communal bbq again this time or are we going to leave that for the Jubilee meet?
RolandNClarke

Post by RolandNClarke »

Remember to take sun hats and sun tan protection.
Weather looking good!

Roland
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

A communal barbi sounds good to me!
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Not sure we'll have one down there though as Huw is in possession of the big one and he's not going down. It would mean someone doing a market run as well so we'll have to see if anyone volunteers as I won't have a chance to get into town before we go.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Hi Simon

Don't know if it makes a difference to the booking but i will be attending now too.

Lou
Simon

Post by Simon »

We've negotiated a special rate of £7/night, mention the MMC when you check in to the campsite!
Norman

Post by Norman »

:( i am still hoping for a lift and fear I shall miss out on this one.
Norman.
Rab

Post by Rab »

Had a great weekend, lovely sun and very brown :D,
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

https://picasaweb.google.com/MercianMou ... 2GowerMeet#

Amazing weather (unusually) and amazing company (as usual). :)

Got some good climbs in but I'm already wishing I'd spent less time lazing and more time climbing. :(

Sorry for being a bit grumpy all weekend but I wasn't drinking enough in the heat: please make sure you force feed me liquid next time to stop the pout appearing. Anyway, I'm now making up on all the G and Ts I failed to drink over the weekend. :)

Thanks to everyone I climbed with and the other nutters who decided it would be a good idea to go swimming. We'll have to try and get down again some point in the summer to do the plunge pool.

Good luck to Nats for the interview tomorrow.

Pictures are now online at the link above but I'm still waiting on some and if someone would like to write a meets blog then it would save muggins her having to do it. :)
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Just checked online and the water temperature for Oxwich bay was 11 degrees! Brrrrrrrrr!

Gone to log my climbs on ukc and found there's a whole load at Caswell we could have a look at next time. http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1029