Patterdale: 1/2nd December

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

maggiesweet

Re: Patterdale: 1/2nd December

Post by maggiesweet »

We understand there are group meals on offer! Maggie would like lamb tagine and Clive would like the curry. Maggie does not require a pudding but clive would like the lemon drizzle pudding.

Thanks
Clive
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Just to let you know that Lynn has offered to make pineapple and coconut cake for pudding. :) You're now spoilt with a choice of two mains and two puds. (I think that should be me fed for the week!)
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Johnthenewbie is looking for/offering a lift up to Patterdale. He can leave B'ham from early afternoon onwards. Please contact me if you have space in the car or would like a lift up.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Simon, can John sign up for the lamb please?
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

i've booking in the youth hostel, happy to give anyone a lift
PeterN

Post by PeterN »

is it to late to order food? chicken curry sounds good
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

I've put you down for the curry, Peter, we'll take some surplus in case anybody wants curry at the last minute.

We aim to get to the Lakes by lunchtime tomorrow, hopefully you'll all turn upn to a nice warm hut but by then we'll be in the pub! :drinkers:
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Tom

Post by Tom »

awesome meet, great weather and conditions both days :D
Tom M
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

https://picasaweb.google.com/MercianMou ... Patterdale

Here are my pics from the weekend. If you've got some you'd like added then send them my way/drop me a line.

It was another amazing meet for weather, company and food. :) Let's hope we can do as well at New Year.
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

A great meet, thanks everyone! It rained heavily late last night and this morning saw sunshine and showers. These were snow/sleet at the top of the Kirkstone pass, rain lower towards Patterdal;e, but when we reached the summit of the pass we could see the ground was white all the way down to around Ambleside with a couple of centimetres of snow lying. Later we found the snow thinned out rapidly towards Windermere and had vanished when we passed Kendal. Pauline and I always get the fun weather when we stop over the extra night!
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.