Annual Dinner 8-9th March

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Mike Hogg

Annual Dinner 8-9th March

Post by Mike Hogg »

The Annual Dinner this year will be held at the Old Dungeon Ghyll Hotel in Langdale, Lake District http://www.odg.co.uk at 7.30pm Saturday 9th March. The 3 course menu with tea or coffee costs £20 and is shown below please let me have your menu choice and £20 by Friday 1st March.

Accommodation is available at the Raven Crag hut at the back of the hotel http://www.bbrcc.co.uk/ravencrag.htm. The hut sleeps 24 and fees are £30 for Friday and Saturday regret we cannot reduce the rate if you book only one night. Preference will be given to members staying 2 nights and having the dinner.

I will collect hut and dinner money £30 + £20 in full in advance on the understanding that if you cancel 2 weeks before the weekend you get all your money back. Less than 2 weeks it will be at the discretion of the hotel if you get your dinner money back. Hut fees are non refundable unless we can fill your place in the hut.

Payment (in order of preference) can be made direct to my bank please email for bank details, cash at the club or by cheque payable to Mike Hogg.

If you want to stay in the hotel the rates are £58 per night with breakfast, minimum stay is 2 nights. I have not reserved any rooms at the hotel so please make your own booking. I advise prompt booking to make sure you have a room.

Extra info –

1. No dogs in the hut.

2. Well behaved dogs are allowed to stay in the hotel at a charge of £5.00 per dog per night, they are allowed in all areas of the hotel and bars, excluding the dining room.

3. The Important bit! The main Hiker's bar will stay open for most of the night, with last orders around 11 pm. The resident's bar lounge will stay open after this time though. They have a selection of real ales usually 5 (Black Sheep Bitter, Yates Bitter, Cumberland Ale, Old Peculiar and Black Sheep Ale), plus three guest ales and one guest cider, as well as the usual beers like Budvar and Fosters.

4. Parking at the hut is restricted to a maximum of 3 cars (National Trust rules). You can park in the hotel car park they ask for a small donation towards the 'Fix The Fells' campaign, around £2.00 per night or if you are a National Trust member you can use their car park free of charge.

5. Breakfast in the hotel for non-residents is £8.50 per head.

6. Sunday night in the hut will cost £16 pppn.

Mercian Dinner Menu

Starters

Homemade Leek & Potato Soup

Garlic Mushrooms. In a rich creamy sauce, served with warm toast and a salad garnish

Chicken Liver & Calvados Pâté. Served with a caramelised onion marmalade and warm toast

Morecambe Bay Potted Shrimps. Accompanied with warm toast and a salad garnish

Mains

Pan Fried Breast of Chicken. Served with a peppercorn sauce

Supreme of Halibut. Gently steamed and served in a cheese & white wine cream sauce

Lamb Henry. Served with a minted pan gravy http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/where-did-l ... me/2708189

Homemade Vegetable & Bean Goulash. Served with Basmati Rice

Homemade Steak & Ale Pie

All served with potatoes and vegetables of the day

Desserts

Gooseberry Pie

Chocolate & Baileys Cheesecake

Hazelnut Praline Mousse

Butterscotch Pie

All desserts are served with a choice of either ice-cream, whipped cream, pouring cream or freshly made custard

Coffee served in the lounge

Mike Hogg
socialsec@mercianmc.org.uk
Mike van Dog
Mike Hogg

Re: Annual Dinner 8-9th March

Post by Mike Hogg »

Those going and staying in the hut unless marked otherwise.

MH + dog in campervan
MI in campervan
MI in campervan
SN
GP
TM
HD
VC
SM
RC hotel
GT
AH
BC
PC
MS
LW
LB
DS
AB
MP

:D Above the line all paid up
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
:( Below the line wanting to go but need to pay to confirm bed and dinner

Everyone paid up many thanks. :D
Mike van Dog
Mike Smith

Post by Mike Smith »

Count me in!

Mike
Tom

Post by Tom »

and me
Tom M
Louise

Post by Louise »

And me please.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Plus me and Stewart please.
Huw

Post by Huw »

Yep count me in, i'll send an email over asking for your bank details Mike. H
Adam

Post by Adam »

Can you put me down as well please

Cheers

Adam
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

I now have the key for the hut so if you are going to arrive first I can let you have the key on Thursday 7th March at the Club.

You can unload your car at the hut then park in the National Trust car park below the hut. There are 4 free car park passes at the hut or you can use your own NT membership card to park free.

The drying room and bedroom heaters take 50p and £1 coins so please take a supply.

I will be staying over with others on Sunday night so please give me the key before you depart.

Thank you all for paying fully before this meet it makes my job so much easier and enjoyable not having to ask for payment after the dinner on the Saturday evening and again collecting hut fees on Sunday morning at the hut.
Mike van Dog
Louise

Post by Louise »

Mike

I've just transferred my money an sent you my food order. Please can you confirm you got it.

Thanks
Lou
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

Lou

You are now all paid up and above the line :D
Mike van Dog
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Thanks to Mike for organising a wonderful annual dinner. :)

I'd certainly book that hut again (although it was a shame about the water problems) as it was warm, cosy and so close to both the pub and the crag.

A few photos from the weekend are now on the gallery.
Rab

Post by Rab »

Looks like you guys had a great time, all looking very smart :D , vik you looked beautiful. hopefully see you all on a meet soon :(
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

We missed you guys. :( Hope to see you soon.