14/15th Sep - George Starkey Hut - Patterdale

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

kudos

Re: 14/15th Sep - George Starkey Hut - Patterdale

Post by kudos »

HI all,

Can you please put myself and Harriet down for this meet. We will be staying in the van......

K
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
maggiesweet

Post by maggiesweet »

Hi,
Clive and Maggie will hopefully come up in their campervan as the hut appears to be full already - but will book the campsite up the road I expect. Please include us in the Saturday BBQ though.
Maggie
Norman

Post by Norman »

Oh Blast!!! :?
Look as if I have misses the boat!
Please could you keep in mind if anyone cansells I was really looking fwd top this meet.
N
Matt

Post by Matt »

The George Starkey Hut has 8 bed reserved for its members. I'm trying to get in touch with the Hut Secretary to discuss the possibility of using some of these beds. Whilst waiting for a response I have listed people on a ''reserve' list. Unfortunatley we cannot simply crash in the members area without running by them the 1st. I'll keep everyone updated as soon as a get a reply.

As a few people have already suggested there is a nearby campiste & youth hostel, links to both are below;

Campsite: http://www.lakedistrictcamping.co.uk/ca ... e_farm.php
Youth Hostel: http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/patterdale
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'm pleased to confirm that I have secured the use of 4 beds normally reserved for members only. Therefore Chris, Norman & Murray you now have a place reserved in the hut.

The Hut Warden has is also allowing people to stay on for additional nights if any of our members wish to do so.

Just to make people aware - there will be two people using the members only beds during the weekend.
Norman

Post by Norman »

Hi Matt,
Well done1,Thank you for your initiative and securing these extra places.
I am looking fwd to this w/e, all I need now is a lift.
N.
Norman

Post by Norman »

Re Lift to Starkey Hut,
Any offers?????????please
N.
Jules

Post by Jules »

Hi Norman

Huw and I can give you a lift, we'll be back from France next week so can sort out times etc.

Julie
chrisBissell

Post by chrisBissell »

Hi Matt

That's great news you squeezed me in. I may be bringing a small contingent from London with me (gives me an opportunity to save petrol) and possibly Parker too so if that works out Camping might still be better for me. If anyone would like my bedspace instead you can offer it to them.
Norman

Post by Norman »

Hi Julie,
Thanks very much for offer of lift, you've made my day! :D
Hope you are having a good time in France.
N.
chrisBissell

Post by chrisBissell »

Hi All

What plans do we all have for Saturday then? Looks like we will be arriving very late at the campsite (myself, Dino and Linn and Parker). I'll be up for a big walk bagging some more Wainwrights and will need to plan my routes this weekend. http://www.hill-bagging.co.uk/Wainwrights.php?ct=EWM My read only login is bisman96z/tothetop. Any takers to join us or anyone else heading out on similar walking?

Looking fwd to catching up with you all again.
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Is the BBQ plan for Saturday still on?

Incidentally, Pauline and I plan to get there lunchtime Friday, I hope to do a SOTA activation of Helvellyn Saturday.
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Matt

Post by Matt »

The BBQ on Saturday afternoon/evening is still on! For those wishing to be included in group BBQ food please let me know by 12 noon on Thursday.

My plan for Saturday... start with an early morning run (5 mile?) along Ullswater. I'm hoping to be accompanied by all of those attempting the Birmingham Half Marathon (plus Simon, CJ, Huw and any other just wanting a morning run). After this I'd then like to head up to the summit of Helvellyn before coming back and lighting the BBQs.

Brian - Whoever arrives at the Hut 1st on Friday needs to pick up the keys from the White Lion Hotel. Hotel staff only give out the keys upon the presentation of a letter (which I'll email over to you).

BBQ Food

1) Matt
2) Az
3) Donna
4) CJ
5) Sarah
6) Simon
7) Jodie
8 ) Brian
9) Pauline
10) Tom
11) Bert
12) Julie
14 Adam
13) Louise
14) Paul
15) Beth
16) Chris
17) Dino
18) Linn
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Thanks, Matt, please put us down for the BBQ, but I'll pass on the run - it'll be as much as I can do to heave my carcass up a hill without inflicting further masochism on it! :lol:
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Sarah Mac

Post by Sarah Mac »

Hi Matt

CJ and I would like to be included for the BBQ food please.

I might come for a run depending how early you're leaving. I won't be able to match your speed mind you, so even if I start off with you I don't think we'd be running together for more than the first 100m or so!