21st-23rd March: Newlands Valley Meet

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Louise

Re: 21st-23rd March: Newlands Valley Meet

Post by Louise »

Does anyone know if fuel for the stove is provided or whether we have to take stuff up?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Louise - I think the fuel is supplied, maybe Huw can confirm? What does it say on the paperwork with the key?

Although I'm not staying in the hut this weekend, I will be in the Lakes, if conditions permit, is anyone up for a spot of Lake District skiing?

http://www.ldscsnowski.co.uk/

Looks like there could well be fresh snow Friday and Saturday, with nice conditions on Sunday.

Let me know if you're interested, I'll check on the forecast and conditions later in the week.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Well there's plenty of snow forecast for Saturday, and a nice day forecast on Sunday, so I've packed my board, boot and a shovel.

Not sure I'll have any mobile coverage in the Lakes, but if anyone else is taking their kit, let me know by text this afternoon/evening.

Simon
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

I think you're being a bit optimistic as Stewart's mate who lives in the Lakes as said we don't even need to bring winter boots this weekend. Have fun if we do get a dump but I'm not going to try and cram my things in the car on the off chance. Have a good weekend and might bump into you in the pub.
Stew

Post by Stew »

Great meet. I'd be great to get a photo or two from each group on the Sunday for the Faff. If you have any good photos please email a few to me.
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Thanks to everyone for a great meet and to Julie for the great food. A few pics are now up on the gallery.