EASTER, 18th - 21st April - Kincraig, Cairngorms

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

kudos

EASTER, 18th - 21st April - Kincraig, Cairngorms

Post by kudos »

Fellow adventurers,

This Easter we shall be eating our hot crossed buns in the small village of Kincraig on the edge of the Cairngorms National Park.

The Cairngorms need no introduction. Be it climbing, hiking, biking, skiing, or tea drinking, this is one of the finest places in the country to do it. We shall not be bored.

We have 12 places booked in the Milehouse Cottage, belonging to the Ladies Scottish Climbing Club. There are a further 6 camping places available, if you have totally lost you mind!
We currently have it from the night of Friday 18th until Monday 21st April (i.e. 3 nights), but I would be looking at extending that at the start depending on when folk are interested in turning up. The booking cannot be extended after the Monday as they have the builders in (that is not a euphemism!).

Milehouse Cottage

The cost will be £10 pppn for the Friday/Saturday/Sunday, and £8 pppn for any other nights. There is a 3 night minimum stay to maximise the available beds. If you want to camp you clearly only have half a brain, so only pay half as much.

If you are interested in attending this meet then please sign up below. Can you include what nights we intend to be there?

Take care of yourselves, and each other.

Karl
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
kudos

ATTENDEES

Post by kudos »

Currently the following people will be attending:

Vic
Stewart
Duncan
Alan
M&M (vanning)
Mike (vanning....maybe)
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
kudos

Re: NEXT MEET - EASTER, 18th - 21st April - Kincraig, Cairng

Post by kudos »

Hi there,

Despite my earlier intention to attend this meet, I'm sorry to say that I will no longer be going.

Karl
MattKettle

Post by MattKettle »

I would like to come to this (18th-21st) if that is ok. I am considering using one of the 6 camping spots though. Thanks!

Matt
Alan

Post by Alan »

Ideally I would like to go up on Thursday afternoon or evening and return on the Tuesday. If we can't have the hut on Monday night I'm sure there will be a suitable bunkhouse or youth hostel nearby (there are a couple in Newtonmore) I am willing to offer transport or travel with some one else.

Alan :D
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

I hope to go on this meet. I am working Good Friday so should arrive Saturday and stay until Wednesday or Thursday. I will be in my campervan but may stay in hut if there is space. I can offer a lift max 3 passengers.
Mike van Dog
Mike Hogg

Post by Mike Hogg »

To boost attendance on this meet Karl has arranged for a week of dry fine weather in the Cairngorms starting from Good Friday which is more than can be said for Birmingham http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656752
Mike van Dog
Stew

Post by Stew »

Hi everyone,

Did anyone take any photos in Scotland over Easter? If so can you please let me have a few for the faff. The next one is due out next week.
avmaestro

Post by avmaestro »

Stewart,
There's a few pix in the Gallery. Feel free to use any of those or e-mail me for hi-res versions.
Malc
Watch where you're putting your feet
Stew

Re: EASTER, 18th - 21st April - Kincraig, Cairngorms

Post by Stew »

Hi Malc, if I could have the one of Mike on the cairn and Duncan half on/off the snow I'll pop them into the next faff. Love the Ptarmigan photos by the way.
Many thanks,
Stew.
Stew

Re: EASTER, 18th - 21st April - Kincraig, Cairngorms

Post by Stew »

...and my email address is stewartlewismoody@gmail.com