Snowdonia, 14/15th June

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

kudos

Snowdonia, 14/15th June

Post by kudos »

Fellow Mercians,

The next Mercian Mountaineering Club meet will take place this coming weekend in Snowdonia.

We will be basing ourselves in the Llanberis Pass, great for climbing and walking, and only a short drive from any of the delights that Snowdonia has to offer.

A contingent of Mercians will be there attempting the Welsh 3000's, with several additional members acting as a support team, so it should be pretty well attended. If you would also like to help them out, which I'm sure would be greatly appreciated, contact Julie.

I don't know the name of the camp site, but it's the first one you come to as you drive into Llanberis from the pass, on the right just before the houses start. It is NOT the second one you come to opposite the Vanol Arms with the chin high grass, although they do back onto each other. Facilities at both are on the more basic side, so come prepared, and be warned that the midge are out! Hopefully it will still be light by the time most folk arrive, and I think there is only one field, so everyone should find each other. There is no mobile reception in the Pass, but I'm sure you will find a few people hydrating themselves in the Vanol Arms if all else fails.

No need to sign up for this meet since it's camping, but if you lifts can be offered and requested via the forum.

Have a good one,

Karlos
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
mrbenthompson

Re: NEXT MEET - Snowdonia, 14/15th June

Post by mrbenthompson »

Thanks Karl,

Hopefully see you there.

Tyisaf Campsite
Llanberis
Caernarfon, Gwynedd LL55 4UN

Where is it in relation to this one?
"Ow, I like it!"
kudos

Post by kudos »

That one appears to be the one next door. The one with the long grass and terrible facilities.

The one you want is next door, follow my directions as described above.

Enjoy.

Karl
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Pierce

Post by Pierce »

Hi Karl,
Fran and I will be heading to this trip. Look forward to this weather looks good. :-)
P
RolandNClarke

Post by RolandNClarke »

To Mercians,

I think the campsite is signed as Cae Gwyn. Go for N53.1039 W4.0809

Roland
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com
Beth

Post by Beth »

Hi, I'm heading over with Joe...he'll going straight up Snowdon but I'll be going to the campsite and should be there about eightish. I have a silver polo and a green vango tent. I'm going to get a disposable bbq this afternoon for Sat eve; I can get two if other people want to bbq (me, Lou and Adam are)
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

Hey Beth,

I'm in with the BBQ if I may. I'll bring meat (and something to eat!)
"Ow, I like it!"
Rab

Post by Rab »

Hi guys, we are going down and will be there about 4 p.m jim's car is the white peugeot and big blue tent.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Hi all

I am giving Adam a lift down and we will be arriving late - prob around 10pm. My car is a bluey green ford fiesta.

Looking forward to a good BBQ though as there's no fridges etc on the site will buy meat on sat.

Lou :)
Louise

Post by Louise »

Great pics Ben :)
RolandNClarke

Post by RolandNClarke »

Ben
I enjoyed your pictures too.

Roland
Roland Clarke