New Year Meet, Crianlarich

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

kudos

New Year Meet, Crianlarich

Post by kudos »

Fellow Mercians,

In its endless drive to provide its members with quality meets, the Mercian Mountaineering Club has secured a cottage in Scotland for the New Year period. Whoo-oo!

We will be staying at Inverandran Cottage in Crianlarich, owned by the Ochils Mountaineering Club.

This is a very comfortable hut, which the the club has visited before, so some of you may recall it.

Crianlarich is centrally located for quick access to both the Western Highlands and the Cairngorms, and has some quality hills right on its door step as well.

The hut sleeps 18 people in two dormitories, and the club has provisionally booked all of the places between Saturday 27th December and Sunday 4th January. However, any untaken beds will be offered to other clubs nearer the time, so I can't guarantee we would ultimately have it to ourselves.

I am please to announce that booking for this meet is now open.

If you would like to attend then please reply to this email stating the dates you would like to book. But read the bit below first because there are some important points.

The cost will be £10 per person per night. This covers the accommodation, and provides for a kitty to buy things like firewood, party hats and for taxi fares to the local nightclub!

Because of the significant financial commitment that the club has had to make in order to secure the booking, I will be asking for payment upfront and in full in order to secure your place. These deposits are non-refundable should you decide not to attend and your place cannot be filled by someone else. We will always attempt to refund peoples money but please bear this in mind before making any commitment.

Places will be allocated on a first come (i.e. emailed), first served (i.e. allocated) basis, assuming payment follows promptly, except for the condition below.

Because of the likely popularity of this meet, and the nights of Wed 31st - Sat 3rd will be the most popular, those wishing to stay all 4 of these nights will get priority over those wishing to stay a shorter duration.

Well then, what are you waiting for?

Karl
MMC Meets Sec
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
kudos

Attendees

Post by kudos »

Here is the current state play:

Bed Space - Name - First night - Last night - Total nights

Van - Karl - ~27th to ~30th then ~2nd to ~3rd (deposit not required)
Van - Harriet - ~27th to ~30th then ~2nd to ~3rd (deposit not required)
1 - Matt K - 27th - 3rd - 8 nights (PAID)
2 - Stew - 28th - 2rd - 6 nights (3 nights PAID)
3 - Vic - 28th - 2rd - 6 nights (PAID)
4 - Pete - 27th - 3rd - 8 nights (PAID)
5 - Pierce - 27th - 3rd - 8 nights (PAID)
6 - Fran - 31st - 3rd - 4 nights (PAID)
7 - Joe - 28th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
8 - Louise - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
9 - Huw - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
10 - Julie - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
11 - Steve - 27th - 3rd - 8 nights (PAID)
12 - Adam B - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
13 - Chloe - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
13 - Geoff - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
14 - Lynn - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
15 - Vijay - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
16 - Sandy - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
17 - Joel - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights (PAID)
18 - Laira - 30th - 2nd - 4 nights
Overflow:

If your name is here but I've got your request wrong, LET ME KNOW.

FOOD - see page 4
Last edited by kudos on 23 Dec 2014, 21:48, edited 3 times in total.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
kudos

Mail me

Post by kudos »

Please do not use this forum to request beds.

Email me directly at meets@mercianmc.org.uk

K
Stew

Re: New Year Meet, Crainlarich

Post by Stew »

It is with pleasure that I announce that Vic and I will bring up more than a few bottle of her dodgy home brew wine to get the party started. It's quality is dubious, the %abv is uncertain, but it's free. Huzzah!
Huw

Post by Huw »

Sounds good, including the wine! I'll check what i'm doing with hol days and send you an email.

Any chance you could use first names in your matrix. It's not very readable, esp when it has 18 names on there.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Now then chap and chapets

I am up for this meet, but don't fancy the full 8 nights. Is any body else interested in a slightly shorter trip was thinking about 4-5 nights, but I am flexible. Does anyone fancy a lift share.

Adam
Louise

Post by Louise »

I was thinking the same Adam. I think Huwlie were too.
vijaykorotane

Post by vijaykorotane »

Hi All

Cannot do the full 8 nights, probably 4 nights max, again, room in car if anyone fancies getting a lift.

Vijay
Jules

Post by Jules »

Yep, we're up for sharing lifts. Karl, any chance you can include which nights people are staying for so we can sort car shares out- assuming most will be going up either Tues or Weds?
Thanks
vijaykorotane

Post by vijaykorotane »

Hi

You've missed me out on the list 4 nights!

Vijay
Huw

Post by Huw »

Agree with J, or alternatively: J and I are going up Tuesday and back on Saturday.

Matt, hope you're getting some ceulidh fiddling practise in, we need to get a list of songs and i'll get some drum practise in also!
kudos

Post by kudos »

Karl, any chance you can include which nights people are staying for so we can sort car shares out-
"If you build it, they will come"

This is the best I can do Mr H, my tools are limited.

K
kudos

Post by kudos »

You've missed me out on the list 4 nights!
See post #3.

K
kudos

MONEY NOW REQUIRED

Post by kudos »

Dear all,

Well it looks like the New Year meet will a popular one. I have 16 names for the four nights across NY, with a decent number there from the start.

But it's time to put your money where you mouth is.

As I mentioned initially, it's payment up front and in full, as the club is taking a large financial commitment in order to secure this booking. And again, please be aware that if you decide not to attend at a later date, and your space cannot be allocated to another member or recovered from the host club, then you will lose your deposit.

The easiest way to pay will be to come along to the pub on Thursday and pay a committee member (or preferably Matt The Treasurer).

Thanks for listening,

K
Stew

Post by Stew »

Who is Chuck?