High House, Seatoller, 6 - 8 Feb 15

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

MattKettle

Re: High House, Seatoller, 6 - 8 Feb 15

Post by MattKettle »

Hi Vic, if you can add me for pudding please that would be great.

Thanks!

Matt
EmmaM

Post by EmmaM »

Hi all,

My rota for this weekend has just been completely changed and I now have this weekend off. I don't suppose there are any spaces for the meet this weekend?

Thank you
joel

Post by joel »

Just to check is anyone expecting veggie chili??

at the moment im going with the assumption no, seeing as no one has specified otherwise that i can tell.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Hi Guys,

as this is such a well attended meet (well done!) then I think it might be worth posting how you plan to get to the hut to see if we can get some car-sharing on the go as I don't know how much space there is for cars at the hut.

Is anyone currently going on their own or currently going with less than, say 3, in their car?
Tom M
joenor

Post by joenor »

I think I'm gonna sack off my other plans and not have a late-night drive up. Probably looking to leave 7ish from Brum if anyone else is looking to share (Tom/Emma, Joel, Matt etc...).
joel

Post by joel »

On friday im leaving between 6:30 - 7, more towards 7 probs..

at the moment im only taking Harriet up, so 2- 3 spaces available.depending on how cozy you wanna get and how much you like the other 2 people...

on the way back i'm taking Laira and Amy so 1-2 spaces free, depending on cozyness..
MattKettle

Post by MattKettle »

I'm taking Laira and her friend up on Friday, but am not coming back to Birmingham after the meet unfortunately.

Joel, veggie chilli would be great but I don't want to cause any extra hassle, so I think it's best if I just sort my own dinner on Saturday. Thank you!

Matt
RolandNClarke

Post by RolandNClarke »

Malcolm and I will set off from Sutton Coldfield at 10 am on Friday. We could fit one more in if they can get to Malcolm or live nearby.

I think we will be the first to the hut so maybe we should have the key.
I will be at the Wagon & Horses on Thursday.

Roland
Roland Clarke
RolandNClarke@aol.com
Tom

Post by Tom »

I could be in the market Joe. I was going to drive and take Laira and her mate but apparently Matt has snuck in the back door ;) I reckon we should aim for a minimum of three per car though
Tom M
laira

Post by laira »

Hey guys,

would anyone be kind enough to lend my friend Amy an ice axe and a pair of crampons? Her fella does a fair bit of walking/ climbing so he may be able to source some for her to borrow, but if not would anyone be able to lend a hand?

Thanks!

:)
laira

Post by laira »

Hey,

really sorry to do this but my friend Amy can't make it any more... bummer :(

Thanks Matt/ Joel/ Tom for offering to pick her up and drop her off.

So, to make life easier for everyone, I can get to Brum for 5pm and am happy to wait around. Only me for a lift. Happy to squeeze into whatever car/ space needed. Just need an airhole or perhaps a straw will do...

Thanks
EmmaM

Post by EmmaM »

So happy about this rota change! Thanks for adding me to the list.
Please could you count Tom and I in for food Joel and Vicky?
Neither of us have ice axes or crampons, it is very kind of you Stew to offer to lend these to Tom. We wonder whether it might be best for us to do walking until we get the right gear though. Looking forward to this very much!
EmmaM

Post by EmmaM »

We have car space for two and will be leaving B'ham 7:30-8pm
chrisBissell

Post by chrisBissell »

Laira...are you in London (I think Vicki told me that)? Jenna and I are drivng from Hampstead setting off at about 3pm if you are interested in a lift. Only one way though because we are continuing to Scotland on Sunday.

All. We're definitely planning for less technical walking due to a lack of winter hardware. So glad it looks like we won't be the only ones.
avmaestro

Post by avmaestro »

I have 3 spare ice axes, 85cm, 75cm, and 70cm, i.e. walking axes, plus a spare pair of crampons. I won't bring them unless they're needed so let me know. Same goes for the cabbage, mayonnaise, carrots & onions, i.e. coleslaw.
I'm sure others will have made the point that you will need ice axe and crampons for walking this weekend.
Malc
Watch where you're putting your feet