High House, Seatoller, 6 - 8 Feb 15

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

chrisBissell

Re: High House, Seatoller, 6 - 8 Feb 15

Post by chrisBissell »

Malc - That would be amazing if Jenna could borrow an Axe/Crampons. I tried mine on her boots and they were ok so if yours aren't a good fit maybe they would work with my proper mountain boots. Also I could let Jenna use my shorter axe and then use one of your longer ones. Otherwise as I said before we'll have to plan for some much less technical walking.
joenor

Post by joenor »

So, am I right in saying that the following people aren't currently in a full car?

Me
Joel
Tom M
Emma M
Muffin
Kettle
Laira
Chris
Jenna
Harriet

Any others?

For the sake of just getting this organised, how's this as a suggestion:

Chris and Jenna from London
Joel's car: Joel, Harriet and Laira
The Meadmobile: Tom and Emma
An unnamed other vehicle: Me, Muffin and the Kettle

Just a suggestion, so feel free to suggest changes, tell me that it's already been organised and I'm not with keeping up with it, etc... I just thought it might be easier to do this on the forum than by lots of to-ing and fro-ing on these so-called 'mobile phones'.

Yours faithfully,

J-money
Tom

Post by Tom »

Don't you start.

I'm happy to drive me, Joe and Matt but Matt has got to be in Newcastle after the weekend so I think he's taking his car anyway. We (Me, Joe, Matt) could go up in Matt's car then squeeze into other cars on the way back? I think the Meads and the Ferbisons have 2 per car at the minute so should be fine.

also, Beth's back and can donate a pair of crampons and axe to the pool. I'll bring them and dole them out as necessary up there.
Tom M
joel

Post by joel »

Harriet is sorted on the way down,

so i would only have Laira, (2-3) spare seats in the back..

if there is a car of two going up, to save a car if people don't mind squeezing in on the way up then there would be only four on the way down....

another suggestion.. i dont know how many cars are going/how much parking space there is..
joel

Post by joel »

Malcolm,

sorry for late response

Sure any help will be welcomed, i was thinking (red&white cabbage, carrot, onion, mayo) as well, so if you have them and want to use them by all means bring them up,
otherwise im going shopping tomorrow anyway...
avmaestro

Post by avmaestro »

OK Joel, I'll make the coleslaw :smt027, you'll have enough to do with the chilli, rice & glaucoma thingy.
Watch where you're putting your feet
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

I'm putting this here rather than on my original thread as it is relevant:

The latest from my friend in the south Lakes - "Latest news! The road works and diversions as mentioned will now go ahead on Friday 6th Feb. TOMORROW and the following weekend . Don't hold your breath!"

Heavy traffic is to be expected between Windermere and the motorway so it might be sensible to go via Penrith.

The weather forecast doesn't look too bad, SOTA activators are reporting deep snow on the higher summits and the lower tracks heavily iced, I would say that things look good - have fun and stay safe, you guys, I wish I was going with you!

Brian
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
laira

Post by laira »

Chris,

I've arranged to go with Joel and Harriet tomorrow, thanks lots for your offer of a lift.

See you up there :)
EmmaM

Post by EmmaM »

Thanks for organising us Joe. We'll go up in our car as work finish times are unpredictable, we'll then be able to take people home when Matt goes to Newcastle.

Drive safely all.
mrbenthompson

Post by mrbenthompson »

Great meet all.

Pics for Sat only. Camera broke :(

https://plus.google.com/photos/10141785 ... NXvm6iSqgE
"Ow, I like it!"
Vicki

Post by Vicki »

Oh dear, you obviously jinxed it on the Saturday. :( My laptop is still playing up so I haven't been able to get my photos onto it yet. I'll have a go at the weekend and then I'll put them on the gallery.

Thanks all for a great meet, food and company.
avmaestro

Re: High House, Seathwaite, 6 - 8 Feb 15

Post by avmaestro »

A few pictures of the magic day now in the Picasa Gallery.
Malc
Watch where you're putting your feet