Easter Meet, Lagangarbh, Glencoe - 2nd - 6th April

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Jules

Re: Easter Meet, Lagangarbh, Glencoe - 2nd - 6th April

Post by Jules »

Yes please to pasta Roland. I'll update the food list over the weekend for the chefs.

Looking forward to it!
Huw

Post by Huw »

Can you please sign me up for all meals, but no desserts please.

Thanks
Huw
MattKettle

Post by MattKettle »

Please can I sign up for any food that is veggie? So I think that is Stew's curry and all desserts. Thank you!

Looking forward to it.

Matt
kudos

Food for Harriet and Karl

Post by kudos »

Mains

Stew/Beth/Roland - Please put Harriet and myself down for your kind offer. Thank you.

Desert

As long as no fruit suffered any emotional distress in the making of the deserts then please put Harriet and myself down for them. Thank you.

Actually, any fresh eggs used would have to be free range.

Rant over,

Karl
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.
Tom

Post by Tom »

I was planning to waterboard the apples for a bit but I suppose I can leave that out...
Tom M
Jules

Post by Jules »

For the chefs - the food list attached is up to date, I'm waiting for responses from Geoff, Lynn and Duncan so will add them when I have them, hopefully before Monday

Thanks
Beth

Post by Beth »

Thanks for updating the food list Jules. I hope there's enough room in the oven for all the roast spuds!

Jules/Roland, I've been put on the list for spag bol but I don't eat beef so I'll be giving that one a miss.

Baumeister

Post by Baumeister »

Please sign Lynn & myself up for all meals Friday evening to Monday. Duncan has told me he will be making his own arrangements-probably the Kinghouse & the Clachaig- thanks, Geoff
Jules

Post by Jules »

Food list should now include everyone :)
Stew

Post by Stew »

It'd be useful if everyone starts stockpiling some loose change to pay the chefs for their meals. If everyone brings £20 notes to the party there'll be chaos.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yep agreed. As people will still be arriving at 2/3am on Friday morning it would be useful to bring earplugs and start filling the dorm from the beds furthest from the door to avoid being woken up!

Weather looks good, snow on Friday then clear Saturday and Sunday :D Anyone got any plans? Skiing? Ridge scrambles? Maybe even a classic on The Ben? Looks like it'll be full winter conditions.
Tom M
Stew

Post by Stew »

I'd be keen on a route in Stob Coire nan Lochan on Bidean. Routes were done on it last weekend in "ok" nick and its a damn site easier to drive/walk in to than the Ben. That said if people are keen for a day on the Ben so be it - I'm in.

Friday feels like a Buchaille Etive Mor day or something else very local as folk are likely to be tired.
Louise

Post by Louise »

Skiing would be my preference for Saturday :) I need to book kit hire in advance though so maybe a good idea to agree on a location first. Tom thought glencoe as it's closest which is good with me. Anyone else in?
Louise

Post by Louise »

Seems they don't take bookings for kit......first come first served.....
Alan

Post by Alan »

Found one pair Zeale Optics ski goggles. I'll bring them down the pub tomorrow evening

Alan :D