Agnes Spencer Hut, Patterdale 13 - 15 March

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Ham Brian

Re: Agnes Spencer Hut, Patterdale 13 - 15 March

Post by Ham Brian »

What are the arrangements for getting into the hut? We intend to get to Patterdale about lunch time, is anybody else getting there early?

Brian
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
EmmaM

Post by EmmaM »

I have a friend who is a climber in B'ham and has been looking to join a new club, she is really keen to come this weekend having seen some pictures from previous meets, will that be OK? She will stay in the YH too. Her name is Nirmala. Please could she also join for food Beth? Thank you.
Jules

Post by Jules »

Hi Emma. Your friend is welcome to come along and join in, potential new members always welcome! I've signed her up for Beths fajitas as well so hopefully ok Beth.

Brian - I think you will be first there. I will bring the key to the wall and pub on Thursday so not sure if you can arrange getting it from me then. Otherwise I can give it to Tom and Beth who might be the next arrivals at the hut. Beth, Tom, what time are you planning on?
Beth

Post by Beth »

Yeah Nirmala can have fajitas too, of course!

Tom and I are leaving at about three, but the reason we're leaving early is so we can meet Anna in Grasmere for a couple of pints, so we won't be going straight to the hut. I doubt that we'll be at the hut before nine.
EmmaM

Post by EmmaM »

Oh Beth, my friend is veggie. Hope this doesn't make things too awkward with the fajitas.
Beth

Post by Beth »

Yeah that's fine, veg can go in one pan, chicken in another. De nada!
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

I'll come to the pub tonight to get the key. If the weather is OK we might unpack and then go for a drive (Pauline is no longer able to cover much ground on foot) so the key will be hidden behind the hut (IIRC a rock by the coal store!) but we should be back with the hut warm for when others arrive. The weather map looks fairly promising.

Brian
Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawks flight in the empty sky.
Ham Brian

Post by Ham Brian »

Just a note to say how we thoroughly enjoyed the meet, and the fajita was superb! (I am looking online for suitable recipes, that MUST go on my repertoire!)

Next time I am packing my ruddy boots FIRST! :oops:

Brian

PS I climbed Binsey and activated it before we came home - and got a suntan, Wednesday was more like mid summer up there!