Chew Valley, Peaks 31 Jul - 2 Aug

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Jules

Chew Valley, Peaks 31 Jul - 2 Aug

Post by Jules »

Hi all

Please sign up below for the next meet!

I'm not sure the club has been here in recent years but the Chew Valley features in the Western Grit guide book (check out the club library) and is located east of Manchester in the foot hills of the Peak District. Standing Stones and Wimberry are two recommended crags but there are many more crags in the area too so plenty of choice for folk and its not such a massive drive away. There is also lots of walking to be had around Kinder Scout and the dark Peak area.

Staying at this campsite: http://www.well-i-holefarm.co.uk/index.htm£6 pppn, looks fairly basic but its near to the crags (and pub). I've booked 5 pitches but I can alter that if need be.

Only 3 more camping meets this year people, please make the most of 'em!
Clare1

Re: Chew Valley, Peaks 31 Jul - 2 Aug

Post by Clare1 »

Brill! Put my name down please.
Need a lift too, from Moseley, and can be flexi re leaving time (off that day).
Thanks,
Clare
Beth

Post by Beth »

Well this is a popular one!

It's my housemate's birthday today and we're celebrating Friday night, but if the weather looks good I'm up for heading to the peak on Saturday morning. Happy to go here or elsewhere if anyone has somewhere they particularly want to go (looking at you Tom Mead), or want to go somewhere a bit closer. Beth x
Stew

Post by Stew »

Unfortunately this clashes with when a lot of folk are hitting the Dolomites so it'll not be the busiest meet.
kxp721

Post by kxp721 »

I'm up for doing something this weekend if there are any other takers... perhaps somewhere closer as Beth suggested, maybe even a day-trip??
Khyati
Stew

Post by Stew »

If people want to practice leading easy routes go to Windgather (Western Grit, near Macclesfield). Wall to Wall VDiffs.