Yorkshire! Bank Holiday 23rd-26th August

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

Beth

Yorkshire! Bank Holiday 23rd-26th August

Post by Beth »

For the August bank holiday weekend, and the last Mercian camping outing of 2019, we're giving Yorkshire a shot!

Plenty of things to do including drinking Yorkshire tea, visiting tearooms and watching sheepdog trials. You could also go climbing (we had a great time at Twistleton Scars a few years ago and it's roughly a 15 minute drive form the campsite), walk the Yorkshire Three Peaks (or just one or two of them, take your pick!), admire Ribblehead Viaduct, or go for a refreshing dip in a waterfall pool! There's even some bouldering for Becky.

Camping wise, I suggest Kirkby Lonsdale Rugby Club Camping! At time of looking, it has online availability, but it seems that campsites have to be booked 6 months in advance these days so I suggest booking asap if you're interested! (I genuinely did speak to one campsite owner who said 'ooh you should have rung in March!)

"Scrum down and stay in hilly splendour at Kirby Lonsdale Rugby Club Camping. Fear not, you won't be woken by 10 burly blokes chasing a ball: the club makes its home in Underley Park, some 30 acres of lush nature between the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District."
https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/Engla ... -23&type=4

Alternatively, Philpin Farm in Ingleton currently have space (they replied after opening the meet and I was almost certain they would be full!) https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/deta ... evid=15127 This is probably a better bet as it's closer to the action. Neither Vicky nor I are attending but there are two camping options in the same neck of the woods for you there, hopefully you can get spaces!

Fingers crossed for sunshine!
Beth

Booked into Philpin Farm:
Harry
Huw
Becky
Joel
Jane
Andy
Naomi?
Huw

Re: Yorkshire! Bank Holiday 23rd-26th August

Post by Huw »

Sounds good, I'm booked into the Philpin
joel

Post by joel »

Me and Becky are in
HarryC

Post by HarryC »

I'm booked in aswell!
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

Me and Jane are booked into Philpin.
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

I'm tempted. is this the campsite that we stayed in last year when Lou did her 3 peaks challenge?
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

I've checked the previous meets (yes, I could have done this before asking) and it is the same one.
Beth

Post by Beth »

Naomi, it is where we intended to stay on that meet but it was fully booked, so we actually ended up staying at Cragg Farm in Horton-in-Ribblesdale that time.
Louise

Post by Louise »

As Beth said we aimed for Philpin but ended up elsewhere, which was also nice but no showers as I remember?

Are you thinking of doing the 3 peaks naomi?!?
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

I'm aiming for a lovely weekend with friends. Beyond that I have no plans.
NWalker

Post by NWalker »

Hi, sadly I won't be coming on the meet. Guilt has the better of me and so I'm attending a family event on Saturday.

Andy, I can't reply to Mercian emails but we do have a copy of Northern Limestone if you haven't already sourced one. I can bring it to the pub on Thursday evening if you're going?

Naomi