Brecon Beacons, 6-8th Dec

Discuss and organise mountain meets here

Moderators: Fabian, VickyHiggs, joel, Stew, HarryC, Danielhand24, Andy A, Adam, Huw, Tom

VickyHiggs

Brecon Beacons, 6-8th Dec

Post by VickyHiggs »

The next meet is just a few weeks away, and the good news is that it is the Christmas Meet. Woo hoo! Mince pies, Baileys and Christmas songs will be compulsory. 

The bad news is that we have been let down by the numptys at Middle Ninfa Bunkhouse, who forgot about our booking and gave it to someone else (booooo!). So, a slight change of plan. We will be heading to the Brecon Bunkhouse instead. 

http://www.brecon-bunkhouse.co.uk/

The location is in the heart of the Black Mountains area of the Brecon Beacons National Park, famous for its wild mountains and rugged terrain. There is fantastic hiking, mountain-biking and horse-riding right from the front door (they also run a horse riding centre), and canoeing, climbing and gorge-walking activities are nearby. To top it off, there's a great pub just a short walk from the bunkhouse (The Dragon's Back). 

Cost is £20pppn. Unfortunately it is a bit more expensive than the usual BMC huts due to the short notice requirement to locate a bunkhouse in the Brecons. Hopefully it's not too much of a stretch! I will scrap the usual hut tax for this meet to keep costs down. 

I have booked six beds, but can increase this number if required. Please sign up below. 

Vic

1. Vic H
2. Sarah
3. Beth
4. Huw
5. Ana
6. Fabian (Sat only)
7. Karl
8. Lucy
9. Dylan
slaight

Re: Brecon Beacons, 6-8th Dec

Post by slaight »

Me please :)
Sarah :D
Beth

Post by Beth »

Mince pies and ponies! What more could a girl want! Yes please!
Beth

Post by Beth »

And Huw please, he loves ponies too
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

If people need to borrow them, I have os maps for the beacons and black mountains
Beth

Post by Beth »

I'll cook a veggie lasagne with salad and garlic bread.
Eating: Beth, Huw, Vicky, Fabian, Sarah, Ana
Stew

Post by Stew »

I can't make this, but Beth/Vicky, can I please try to get Sarah's calendar to you one Thursday at the wall so you can then pass it onto her at the meet?
Ana

Post by Ana »

I want to come, please :)
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Yes please to food Beth.

Stewart I'm unlikely to be at the wall in the next few weeks, but if you gave it to Vic we could maybe meet in town on a work day?
Fabian

Post by Fabian »

Could I come for Saturday evening? Could I have supper Beth?
slaight

Post by slaight »

Yes please to food Beth :) thanks stew and Vicky for calendar coordination efforts!
Ana

Post by Ana »

I also would like to sign up for the food, please !
slaight

Post by slaight »

Anyone fancy a run, probably on the Sunday? I finish work at 1.30 on Friday so can get to the hut at approx 4.30. What time are we allowed to arrive from? Will probably get to the pub for dinner :)
Stew

Post by Stew »

I think I'm seeing Beth this evening so I'll take a calendar with me for you Sarah.
VickyHiggs

Post by VickyHiggs »

Hi Sarah, I have just sent an email with a link to the hut info. I think any time after 3 is fine to arrive. We are leaving Brum at 4.30 so depending on traffic it might be 7 by the time we get there. Not sure what dinner plans are yet, I will discuss with the driver (Beth). No running for me I am afraid, the foot is still a bit shit :(